El Capitan

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by MarkM7, Jul 3, 2015.

1. MarkM7

MarkM7 Member

Hi,

Was wondering when fixes for the El Capitan release were going to start being released by Parallels ?

Appreciate El Capitan is in Beta - but still would be good if it worked in Parallels. Specifically, the following seems broken:

1) USB doesn't seem to be working correctly
    2) I can't use my BootCamp partition in Parallels anymore - it won't even see the BootCamp Partition..

Thanks,
    Mark

2. marat_t

marat_t Pro

Best Answer
    Hi, try this:

Boot into the recovery partition<https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201314>, and then choose Security Configuration from the Utilities menu. You can uncheck Enforce System Integrity Protection, click Apply Configuration, and restart.

3. marat_t

marat_t Pro

Hi Mark,
    1) Please update El Capitan to the latest build available. Apple has addressed this issue.
    2) Please follow this article to work the issue around: http://kb.parallels.com/en/123072 (Parallels developers are working on this issue).

4. MarkM7

MarkM7 Member

Thanks - however I'm still having the problem..

Bit of background - I'm Running El Capitan and when I launch Parallels it won't see my Bootcamp Partition (which has Windows 10 on it) at all. It isn't available to add as a new virtual machine or anything.

The Bootcamp partition is working as when I boot into it everything works fine. But when I try and use Parallels to add it it isn't on the list.

I've tried setting the Rootless command thinking it may be an El Capitan issue but it hasn't made any difference.

5. marat_t

marat_t Pro

6. FabianR1

FabianR1 Member

Just confirming this workaround completely disables the new rootless feature and we are not re-enabling rootless afterwards/later?

Hopefully Parallels and Apple can come up with a permanent solution.

7. LucaC1

LucaC1 Bit poster

NOT WORKING, please advise.
    - I've bought the upgrade to Parallels 10 (running 10.2.1. build 29006)
    - I've followed kb (executed terminal command
    sudo nvram boot-args="`nvram boot-args | awk '{$1=""; print}'` rootless=0"; sudo reboot and MAC (MBA late 2013) correctly rebooted

BUT:
    - existing VM (linked to BOOTCAMP partition still gives the "The Boot Camp partition "/dev/disk0s4" used by Hard Disk 1 is missing" error when booted. In Configuration->Hardware it will list as Hard Disk 1: Source: APPLE SSD SD0256F (disk0); Location: SATA 0:1), which is "seen" as the Boot Camp partition in the drop-down menu, yet it still doesn't boot.
    - when trying to create a new VM, I only get options "Install Windows or another OS from a DVD or Image File" and "Migrate Windows from a PC" but, not the "Boot camp" option.

Basically, I am stuck. I "saved the day" by importing the Boot Camp hard drive, at the cost of reducing my free space... which is becoming unbearable.

I could with some assistance... :)

Thanks.

8. marat_t

marat_t Pro

Best Answer
    Hi, try this:

Boot into the recovery partition<https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201314>, and then choose Security Configuration from the Utilities menu. You can uncheck Enforce System Integrity Protection, click Apply Configuration, and restart.

9. LucaC1

LucaC1 Bit poster

IT WORKED!
    Thanks.

10. FabianR1

FabianR1 Member

So, what is the difference w/ the new Parallels 11? Will we still have to disable SIP via the Recovery Partition...?