Remove Parallels Icons from Yosemite Launchpad after Uninstalling Parallels 6

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ssMac, Jun 30, 2015.

1. ssMac

ssMac Bit poster

Please HELP!
    I uninstalled parallels 6 from Yosemite OS X recently and then followed all the instructions from:
    http://kb.parallels.com/en/9087

Next I delete the 'hidden' Windows XP Applications folder and all of its contents from ~/Applications/

Essentially, there are no parallels 6 folders/applications remaining on my Mac HD.

Restarted my mac but the icons still remain!!!! The parallel icons still exist in launchpad (2-3 pages of them) as seen in the example attached.

When I click on an icon in launchpad, a question mark appears infront of the icon but nothing else happens???

Please advise how I can get rid of all parallels icons permanently please!!!

Attached Files:

2. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi SSMac,
    Please check if you are able to find the Windows.pvm file in this location. Open Finder >> Documents >> Parallels >> Windows.pvm
    If you are unable to find, try empty trash and check how it goes.

3. ssMac

ssMac Bit poster

Hi Dhruba,
    I could not find the Windows.pvm file. I have deleted all Parallels folders and contents from my mac HD that I can find.
    Trash is completely empty.
    See attached for what happens when I click on one of the parallels icons in launchpad...
    There must be some way to remove them...?

Attached Files:

4. ssMac

ssMac Bit poster

Hi Dhruba,

I worked it out.

Can you please delete my parallels account as I can not do it myself?

Account email is hexe***@***mail.com

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2015
  5. marat_t

marat_t Pro

deleted. I have edited your post and changed email address due to security reasons.