Windows shuts down each hour through Parallel on my Mac OS X

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by ClaudiaF, Jun 23, 2015.

1. ClaudiaF

ClaudiaF Bit poster

Using Parallel for Mac OS X 10.9.5 and bought Parallel + Windows 8. It worked great the first month, then all of a sudden it shuts down and returns me to a blue screen after exactly one hour (to the minute!). When I turn it back on, it shuts down again randomly between 1 hour or less throughout the day. I have been on the phone forever with Parallel/Windows/Mac who just waste my time and blame each other.

I only have one program on Windows, do not use Windows for anything else, and Windows shuts down even if I am on the first page that the internet explorer opens, which makes me think it is not that program's problem and it is a Windows problem.

Help???????

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

3. ClaudiaF

ClaudiaF Bit poster

I am not using, neither do I want to use, Bootcamp!

4. marat_t

marat_t Pro

can it happen that you are running win8 tech preview?

5. ClaudiaF

ClaudiaF Bit poster

It worked fine the first couple of months. Supposedly I am running Windows 8 Enterprise.

6. marat_t

marat_t Pro

win8 or win8.1? are they any warning/errors popping up? can you check C/windows/minidump folder? are there any files? if so, can you upload the latest somewhere and provide us with the link?

7. ClaudiaF

ClaudiaF Bit poster

Windows 8.1, sorry.

How do I go to find C/windows/minidump

Im not familiar with navigating Widows.
    Upload what on C:?

Attaching what's in C

Attached Files:

8. ClaudiaF

ClaudiaF Bit poster

I could not find C/windows/minidump by conducting a search as attached

Attached Files:

9. marat_t

marat_t Pro

You should open disk C, then go to Windows folder and then go to Minidump folder

10. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Did you actually acquired this license or otherwise given by your company (Enterprise licenses are sold in volume); or you downloaded what Microsoft calls evaluations? http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-windows-8-1-enterprise
    Which will work normally for 90 days (your couple of months) and then they shut down every hour.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015