Icons for Parallels files are blank in Finder

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by OlafH, Jul 5, 2015.

1. OlafH

OlafH Bit poster

Hello,
    after a new installation of my MAC and Parallels the icons for the Parallels files in MAC Finder are blank (Standard icons).
    How can I change/fix this?
    I already registered the files with Parallels.

Thank you very much

2. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello Olafh,
    We need more info on this issue, Could you please give us more details about the issue that your facing with Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac. It would be great if you can provide us the steps to reproduce the issue (1,2,3...).

3. OlafH

OlafH Bit poster

Hello,
    I'm using Parallels 10 with the latest update.
    I don#t know how to reproduce this issue.
    I did a new fresh installation of MAC OS und after that an installation of Parallels. See my screen shot.
    This is a Parallels file in the Finder.
    I was expecting a Parallels Icon for these file.

Thanks

Attached Files:

4. Ram@Parallels

Hello Olafh,
    It is an Icon for Windows 10 Virtual Machine and .pvm stands for Parallels Virtual Machines.
    1. Have you installed Windows 10 technical preview yet? ( refer http://kb.parallels.com/122745 )
    2. Are you able to run Windows 10 Technical preview?
    3. Where is this file located on Finder is it on Documents or any other location?
    Please provide us the above info so that we can understand the issue better.

5. OlafH

OlafH Bit poster

Hello,
    this has nothing to do with Windows 10!!!
    Every file for Parallels Virtual Machine is having the standard icon like in the screen shot! This only an example!
    The file is located in my user folder where I store all my Parallels virtual machines.
    This is an error in Parallels and has noting to do with OS running in Parallels!

Any help?

Thanks

6. Ram@Parallels

If this file is located in your user folder where you store all your Parallels virtual machines, it means you might have installed Windows 10 Technical preview also,
    Please provide us the below info:
    1. What is the file size for " Windows 10.pvm"
    2. What happens when you double click on the icon.
    3. I understand that you have standard icon like in the screen shots for all Virtual Machines, please shutdown any other Virtual Machine completely and check is there any change on other icons,

7. OlafH

OlafH Bit poster

Hello Ram,

This is problem of Parallels and not of Windows 10!!!
    In this "Windows 10.pvm" is an installation of Windows 8.1. It is just named Windows 10!

1. file size is 42 GB
    2. The virtual machine (windows 8.1) is starting!
    3. Again in the list view of Finder every Virtual Machine has this icon.

8. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi OlafH,
    Please try re-installing Parallels Desktop application, this will help us fixing issues with Parallels Desktop.
    To download the latest build of Parallels Desktop, please click here.

9. OlafH

OlafH Bit poster

Hi
    I did re-installation, but this didn't solve the problem!

10. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi OlafH,
    In this case we suggest you to create a support ticket, so that we together can work to fix the issue. Please create a support ticket here. We will be right there with you.