Windows 10 and updating Preview Builds?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by DavidC6, Jun 30, 2015.

1. DavidC6

DavidC6 Member

So I just recently got enrolled in the MS Windows 10 Beta program. I then installed build 10130. I have of course Windows Update on and in the "fast track" program for updates. I see where the lastest build (June) has been pushed to me, with only the need to restart to install.

The problem I have is, upon restarting the update doesn't get installed.

Anyone else seeing this? It's not saying the install failed, it's just not installing upon the restart. I've restarted now about 5 times.

Thanks

2. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi David,
    We understand that you are facing issue with updating Windows 10 Technical Preview. Windows 10 is still understand developing stage and after the release of the latest updates we came across the same issue. We suggest you to re-install Windows 10 and check how it goes. Download the .ISO image file from this link.

3. DavidC6

DavidC6 Member

Thanks for the reply. Which build(s) have you seen the issue with? I'm running 10130 as stated above and now have a build 10147 installed to see how it goes.

Thanks
    David

4. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

@DavidC6 We had this issue with most of the builds, we ended up re-installing the operating system and that resolves the issue. The latest build of Windows 10 is 10158, try installing the latest build and check how it goes.

5. DavidC6

DavidC6 Member

Thanks. I'll try 10158 in the next day or two. Regards.

6. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Sure @DavidC6 and let us know how it goes.

7. DavidC6

DavidC6 Member

Ok, just finally tried the link above and MS still has 10130 only available to download.

8. FabianR1

FabianR1 Member

FWIW, I've got 10162 running after the latest update.

9. DavidC6

DavidC6 Member

Yeah I finally made it to 10162. Though quite honestly, not sure which build it updated FROM. Been trying so many. 162 seems a lot faster too.