Accessing from mac to windows 8 via Finder adds "1" to some folders

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by lynmatten, Jul 10, 2015.

1. lynmatten

lynmatten Member

Hi all,
    i have a strange problem: When i accessing via Finder the partition of my windows 8 installation on paralles i find some folder names added with a 1 which indicates there is another folder with same name but this is not the case. Looking from within the virtual machine to that folder name shows it without the 1.

Any ideas on this?

KR Solick

2. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi Iynmatten,
    Could you please provide us the steps to reproduce the issue, please provide us a example screenshot from both Mac and Window, so that we can help you better.

3. lynmatten

lynmatten Member

Hi sorry for the late response, have been on business trip.

I only have this problem on my mac. Don´t have it on my macbook pro, so i don´t know how to reproduce this situation.

the first scrrenshot from my mac finder (oneDrive - mm1 1):
    parallels-screen1.png
    And the second screenshot from within the virtual machine (Windows 8.1) (OneDrive - mm1)
    parallels-screen2.png

4. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

5. lynmatten

lynmatten Member

No that doesn´t help because i need to rename the windows folder name in mac. I tried, but got the message i hav not sufficient privileges to rename. Removing oneDrive Sharing and reactivating also did not help.