Unable to upgrade

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by whuff, Jul 18, 2015.

1. whuff

whuff Member

I am running build 10130 and received an alert that an upgrade was available. But when I try to install it I receive an error message that the upgrade requires 2 GB of RAM. I tried allocating more RAM in parallels tools to the windows partition. But received warnings from Parallels not to do this. I did it anyway and the MAC was too slow and buggy. So I reverted back to the standard RAM allotment to the windows partition. Is there anyway to do this differently so I can upgrade to the latest windows 10 build?

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi whuff,
    Parallels is working on a solution to make it available on July 29 with the official release of Windows 10. Meantime you can try http://kb.parallels.com/116263 to improve the performance of Windows Virtual Machine.

3. whuff

whuff Member

Thank you for your response, but I'm not sure it answers my question. Is there a solution to the 2 GB RAM memory requirement of the windows 10 upgrade? Both my MAC and Windows work very well now so I don't think I need to follow the steps you recommended to improve the performance of the Windows virtual machine. It is the upgrade requirement of 2 GB that I was requesting information on.

4. ErichH

ErichH Bit poster

2GB is the requirement set by Microsoft for Windows 10 x64. There's currently no workaround for bypassing this. It sounds like you'd be better off moving to the x86 (32-bit) build which only requires 1GB RAM. That will require a complete reinstall, however.