Getting Windows 10 (Not Technical Preview)

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by DrewM1, Jul 17, 2015.

1. DrewM1

DrewM1 Bit poster

So I have been hearing a lot about windows 10 and am eager for the full version to come out on July 29th,, but I dont know how to go about installing it on parallels 10 for mac. I have windows 8.1 already installed (non-pirated/cracked) and I am not sure whether or not there is any way for me to get the free windows 10 update when it comes out since windows is running on a virtual machine as opposed to an actual pc. I also would be willing to purchase windows 10 separately from windows 8.1 but I am not sure if that will be compatible with parallels 10 yet or not? and if it is which version would be compatible? If some would could either instruct me on how to update windows 8.1 to windows 10, or give me a link on where to buy the correct version of either windows 10 or windows 10 pro, that would be much appreciated. And also know that when i say I want windows 10 on parallels, I am not referring to the technical preview.
    Thanks!

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi DrewM1,
    We would like to inform you that our development team is looking into all these issues. However we all are still waiting for Microsoft to release the full product. Once the complete product is released, then we will be in a better position to help you all with the issues.
    Also regarding the error message that you have been receiving, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in this link: http://kb.parallels.com/122992
    Since Windows 10 Insider preview ISO is no longer available for download from Microsoft website, so you can download the ISO file & install Windows 10 Insider preview version on Parallels Desktop using the link given below :
    http://getintopc.com/softwares/operating-systems/windows-10-build-10176-iso-64-bit-free-download/
    Please note: The link that is provided is not from the official Microsoft page. So you can choose to download it from there or not. Its your choice.

3. ErichH

ErichH Bit poster