Upgrade to 10.2.2 (29105) just DESTROYED my Win10 Virtual Machine

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by buckZor, Jul 24, 2015.

1. MAUPOUX

MAUPOUX Bit poster

during update to 10.2.2 the following message appeared and continue to run after hours. What to do to solve this ? Capture d’écran 2015-07-27 à 19.49.14.png

2. JacobS1

JacobS1 Bit poster

Same issue here- I reinstalled Windows 10 TWICE and the same issue still persists

HumbertoL likes this.
  3. JeffreyS1

JeffreyS1 Bit poster

Hello Dhruba, the Windows 10 Preview is no longer on the Parallels Wizard for creating a new VM. How can we reinstall it without going to an unoffical download service. It's off MS insider as well.

BTW, it was from installing the Parallels desktop tools while in Windows 10 that gave me the Windows Recovery screen.

HumbertoL likes this.
  4. ValorP1

ValorP1 Bit poster

Same issue.
    Running Windows 10 preview, working great until upgrade. Now this message:
    Message: The operating system couldn't be loaded because the digital signature of a file couldn't be verified.
    File: \Windows\System32\drivers\prl_tg.sys
    Error code: 0xc0000428

Tried this suggestion (resetting clock), did not work. And no amount of madly pounding F8 will result in the startup settings window.

Attached Files:

HumbertoL likes this.
  5. HumbertoL

HumbertoL Junior Member

I'm having the same issue and I need windows 10 for work!!!! Has anyone found a solution. I have uninstalled windows and re-installed as well as parallels and no fix! Please, someone help.

Attached Files:

6. HumbertoL

HumbertoL Junior Member

I have windows developer preview and have tried re-installing it. It will not work.

7. TomN1

TomN1 Bit poster

How on earth did this update get released without even the most basic of testing?! Not happy at all.

JohnD22 likes this.
  8. HumbertoL

HumbertoL Junior Member

This was my thought exactly. Was there not even a simple, hey let me try to upgrade my windows 10 developer preview software?!! I have tried posting on their Facebook page so that others don't make the same mistake, but it informed me that the developer screens the post and then will decide on whether to post it or not. I really hope they allow it to be post, it's not acceptable to not warn people.

JohnD22 likes this.
  9. BobJ2

BobJ2 Bit poster

Parallels has updated the display driver without signing it. The work-around is to disable driver signature enforcement in Windows 10 from within the safe mode menu. Once you do that you should be able to boot normally. Safe mode booting has to be enabled from a Windows 10 iso.

10. RichardP4

RichardP4 Bit poster

I'm now also a hapless victim. Truly unbelievable that Parallels could allow such a catastrophic error to be released. In a state of shock. Sincerely hope that Parallels provides a procedure to fix the problem and notifies this forum in the very near future.

JohnD22 likes this.
  11. HumbertoL

HumbertoL Junior Member

12. HumbertoL

HumbertoL Junior Member

Hello, thank you for helping. Any idea how to get into safe mode? I seem to be stuck on the blue screen. I really appreciate your help, I'm willing to try it, so long as I get this fixed. I even have informed them I'm willing to downgrade to the old version that used to work.

13. BobJ2

BobJ2 Bit poster

Instructions on how to boot into safe mode in Windows 10.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2569556/safe-mode-windows.html
    Bottom line is you can disable driver signature enforcement with the safe mode menu option and use the Parallels driver. The display driver that Parallels tools installs is unsigned. This should be easy for Parallels to correct in the next update.

HumbertoL likes this.
  14. DavidV2

DavidV2 Bit poster

How do you do this when installing Windows, though? During the installation process Windows 10 will fail when it attempts to install the display driver (presumably). How does one go about disabling this enforcement when there's not yet a safe mode to boot into?

15. HumbertoL

HumbertoL Junior Member

Gotcha, thank you for your help. Always appreciate people sharing their knowledge. Thanks again.

16. SatC

SatC Bit poster

Friends, i've managed to install Windows 10 again in a new virtual environment and is usable, however i've had to reinstall my windows specific software and use Dropbox to import and export documents to & from the Mac desktop/environment. untick express installation (see picture) and don't install the Parallels Desktop Tool. It's a messy hack but very usable.
    Best, Sat.
    parallels wizard help.jpg

17. 1__

1__ Bit poster

hi guys,

got an update from Parallels after a remote session support - they said there's an internal note that the issue happens only to Windows 10 build 10074; the advise given was either upgrade to the latest build, or wait for 1 more day as Microsoft is now releasing the official Windows 10 release...

Cheers.

18. HumbertoL

HumbertoL Junior Member

Great info, can you update us tomorrow if you end up getting the full windows 10 version. I'm using a co-workers computer currently since mine is on the blue screen of death for work due to this issue. Wish certain software was just available for mac.

19. 1__

1__ Bit poster

Hi All,

Yes today I've got the official Windows 10 edition installed - and Parallels works like a magic...
    It's a bit annoying that Parallels didn't announce they don't support Windows 10 build 10074 before.

:( but hey it was technical preview anyway, that sort of bad luck should have been expected....

20. Mathieu1

Mathieu1 Bit poster

hi,
    same problem, just tried to install a 10162 build but it doesn't works better... I'm using this stuff to pilot machines in my workshop and all the machines are useless now, got a lot of work to do and not very happy to spend days to put again all the drivers and parameters... I've bought Parallels 2 weeks ago and this is already crashed... Can someone at Parallels tell us if a solution will come soon ?

HumbertoL likes this.