Windows 10 update reservation icon?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by JisooP, Jun 3, 2015.

?

Will you be updating your windows to windows 10?

1. Yup

13 vote(s)
    92.9%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. We'll see how it goes and I'll make the choice near the end of the free update period

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. Windows 10 update? I have to have Windows XP! No way!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I have Windows XP but I'll be purchasing windows 10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. CHrisTheBiPolarBear

CHrisTheBiPolarBear Junior Member

Another point of interest that I have found out, Watch out if your running in a window your screen resolution could be too low check minimum screen resolution for windows 10..

2. akshayk1

akshayk1 Bit poster

As per your reply that """"" If you see another key with the name REDUCED under UpgradeExperienceIndicatorskey, it means the "Get Windows 10" app is running under reduced mode. It happens when your computer hardware is not compatible with Windows 10 upgrade""""".

I must show you some images:
    Win 10 report 1.PNG
    and,
    Win 10 report.PNG

AND THESE IMAGES ARE FROM SAME PC WHICH GAVE THOSE REDUCED FOLDER REGISTRY SETTINGS WHICH I ASKED ABOVE WITH IMAGES.
    SO, I HAVE BIG DOUBT ON THAT "Get Windows 10" app is running under reduced mode. It happens when your computer hardware is not compatible with Windows 10 upgrade".
    SINCE ABOVE IMAGES SHOWS TOTALLY OPPOSITE WHAT YOU SUGGESTED.

NOW, MY QUESTION IS UNANSWERED THAT WHY REDUCED FOLDER EXITS ?

3. CHrisTheBiPolarBear

CHrisTheBiPolarBear Junior Member

No Idea..Microsoft are rulers unto themselves and even then I wonder if they know what is happening!!!

4. MikeZ1

MikeZ1 Bit poster

[QUOTE="akshayk1, post: 772802, member: 6637276"]NOW, MY QUESTION IS UNANSWERED THAT WHY REDUCED FOLDER EXITS ? [/QUOTE]

According to Microsoft the REDUCED folder is normal and created when running the Get Windows 10 app. So there is nothing to worry about, everything is OK. It is explained here http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...s/8361725b-4bc8-45c2-b407-c6a4510d0887?auth=1

But I wonder. Are you running Windows inside a Parallels VM on a Mac? From your screenshots it looks like you are running Windows on a PC.

5. PaulD1

PaulD1 Bit poster

Thanks MikeZ1, it worked for me!