Windows 10

Discussion in 'Accessing your PC' started by PatrickM3, Jul 6, 2015.

1. PatrickM3

PatrickM3 Junior Member

hi there... I'm currently on the Windows 10 technical preview, and wondering if Parallels Access should work or not? I'm on the latest version, when i try to access remotely, i get a "connecting" message, then it stops and retries, does this several times but never brings up any of the windows (iPad and iPhone). any suggestions?

thanks
    Patrick

2. BrettD1

BrettD1 Bit poster

I'm getting exactly the same issue. Would love to know if anyone else is seeing anything similar.

3. DaleY

DaleY Bit poster

Is there a timeframe when the WDDM display adapter will be compatible with Window 10? I have two machines which have the same error message.

4. BenW2

BenW2 Bit poster

I have the same problem....

Any support people on here who could let us know if they are working on this?

5. Hi, please try this KB and let us know the results.

6. BenW2

BenW2 Bit poster

Hi,
    The KB referenced above seems to revolve around Mac OS in particular. The problem is connecting to a Windows 10 pc and personally I have tried from Android devices and also via Parallels desktop (on a MAC) and nothing works. It keeps trying to reconnect.
    If I sit in front of the remote pc and watch what is happening from that end when trying to connect remotely, it seems that a session is initiated as a pop up box on the Windows 10 pc will say that it's being controlled remotely...however, both parallels desktop and via an app on mobile evices, can't actually show the session. 'Reconnecting' is what is always flashing up on the screen.

thnx.

7. ChristopherK3

ChristopherK3 Bit poster

I'm having the same problems too since upgrading to Windows 10 on my home PC, which I want to access from my work PC. It tries to reconnect all the time, but won't grant access. Was Parallels Access not ready for the Windows 10 operating system? Is there a Parallels fix or upgrade coming soon, or do I need to revert my home PC back to Windows 7 or 8? Very frustrating!!!

8. BobL1

BobL1 Bit poster

Same here. Had Windows 7 Pro and Parallels Access worked perfectly. Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro and now I can't access that PC.

If I use a web browser on another PC, I get the Windows 10 "splash" screen. If I swipe up on it or click the little icon in the lower right, SOMETIMES the splash screen will go away and the login screen will come up, but I can't get past that. After a minute or two I get disconnected and when I reconnect I'm back at the splash screen.

If I try from my Android tablet it just keeps reconnecting over and over.

Hopefully Parallels will have a fix for this soon.

Is this a universal widespread problems with Parallels Access and Windows 10, or does it work for some people? If it does work for some, then this is probably a specific system configuration issue. I would be happy to provide details about my setup if it will help.

Bob Lafleur

9. BobL1

BobL1 Bit poster

In my above message I used the term "splash screen" but what I really meant was "lock screen".

I disabled the lock screen. I also updated my video drivers as I noticed that during the upgrade, Microsoft replaced the AMD Catalyst drivers with their own generic drivers. Neither of these things fixed the problem.

I logged the computer in to a desktop, then connected to it with Parallels Access via the web browser on another computer. Once I put in the password, the desktop was displayed but I couldn't click on anything and have it respond. After a minute or so I got disconnected. When I reconnected I was back at the login screen (not lock screen) and it was asking for my password but it would not respond to my typing.

I hope Parallels can reproduce these problems and will have a solution soon.

Thank you!

Bob Lafleur

10. ChristopherK3

ChristopherK3 Bit poster

Does anyone from Parallels Access support look at these postings to provide solutions for the software that we paid for? I need this to work in Windows 10.

11. NamanG

NamanG Bit poster

I'm having the same issue as everyone is stating above. I've sent in a "Report a Problem", called customer support and no one has an answer to this matter. This is clearly an issue with the Windows 10 upgrade but what Parallels should of done is had testing done while Windows 10 was in beta all this time prior to general release and should have an update in correcting this issue. It's not fair as consumer who pay yearly for a service that they cannot use or even when contacting customer support for 30 minutes of my time for at the end not have a solution. We pay for a product for it to work as some of us use this service on a regular basis and now it is becoming an inconvenience. I hope Parallels provides a solution ASAP or we should receive a credit and/or extension on our services for the days/weeks that we cannot successfully use it.

Thanks in advance!

Naman Gabriel

12. BrettD1

BrettD1 Bit poster

Hi,
    Just a bump from me. I've made sure Windows and Parallels are both up to date and I'm still getting this issue. Only thing holding me back from updating all my PC's to Win10 is this problem so I'd really appreciate an update on when this is expected top be resolved.
    Thanks.

13. BobL1

BobL1 Bit poster

I see that the Parallels Access server for Windows has been updated to version 3.0. For those of you having connection issues with Windows 10, I am happy to report that this new version has solved the problem for me.

My Parallels Access installed on my Windows 10 system was still at 2.8.2 even though I had the option to automatically update checked. So I went to the web site and downloaded and installed a new copy and now I have 3.0. I have not fully tested every feature but I was able to successfully connect and use applications which I haven't been able to do in Windows 10 up until now.

So check your version and update if you haven't. Happy remoting!

Bob Lafleur

14. BenW2

BenW2 Bit poster

Still doesn't work for me....
    I now just have a black screen, instead of the 'reconnecting' message. It is connecting, as I watch it on the server and a pop up appears stating that it's being controlled by parallels access.
    Therefore I assume it's still a display issue.

Thnx.

15. BenW2

BenW2 Bit poster

the latest update....version 30322 seems to have done the trick (the older 3.0 version did not). I did a complete uninstall, reboot and reinstall on the Windows 10 pc.

thnx.

16. ChrisG4

ChrisG4 Bit poster

I am now using version 30654 Parallels Access 3.0.1 with multiple clean Windows 10 installs and everything seems to be working on the face of it. Access from Android iPad and PC all connect initially and mostly continue without a problem. Sometimes the connection is dropped and it would seem to be a result of the control agent crashing periodically (prl_disk_agent.exe generates a memory access application error). A persistent and repeatable error across different Win 10 devices. This happens when the access agent is running and regardless of weather the PC is accessible or not accessible. I am participating in the Customer Experience Program but this error is maybe not getting reported because it has been happening since Windows 10 was released and on the Insider Builds prior to that. Anyone else?