I cannot install Windows 10

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MariaL2, Aug 2, 2015.

1. MariaL2

MariaL2 Bit poster

Hi, I need some help, I can't install Windows 10. It's a terrible experience because I spent a lot of money in the licenses of both Windows and Parallels and I can't enjoy any of them. At first the installation starts right, but it stops before the end, showing the message that I have to start again, all the times. Can someone help me? Thanks.
    :(

Attached Files:

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

3. MariaL2

MariaL2 Bit poster

Thank you. Yes, I already saw this post, but I do not upgrade to Windows 10, in fact, I try to install Parallels and Windows 10 for the first time.
    Some details are: I have the latest version of parallels and the latest version of Windows, both, 64-bit and 32 bit versions of Windows 10 and 4 Gb of RAM. I downloaded the Windows 10 version from Safari, then I have the .iso file version, not the .exe version, then the post says I have to run the installation manually... ok I have a problem, I don´t know how to proceed manually.

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

5. MariaL2

MariaL2 Bit poster

Hi Paul,
    I don´t have the menu showed in the first post. I have the menu showed in the attached images below:

Attached Files:

6. MariaL2

MariaL2 Bit poster

... and there they say "Once Windows is installed, launch it by opening a Windows application or by clicking the Power button in the Parallels Virtual Machines list", but Windows isn´t finish the installation.

7. @MariaL2 could you please generate the Problem report using this KB and reply us back with the 8-digit ID number.

8. JonG1

JonG1 Bit poster

I've been having issues upgrading that make no sense. I followed the instructions provided by Parallels support, manually downloaded the upgrade, and ran the process. It downloads fine, but then when it comes to verifying the download, I get "An unexpected error has occurred" and that's it. I've tried this 6 times this morning before I went to work and am getting a bit frustrated. ANy ideas? I'm running a 2014 MacbookPro, 8gb ram, 256gb SSD and have plenty of resources available. Any sugggestions please?

9. MariaL2

MariaL2 Bit poster

Hi Maria, the number of Problem Report is 70981241. Thank you.