"Your Product Activation Key Reached Its Activation Limit..."

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Gamesurgeon, May 14, 2014.

1. Hi @JimmyO we've change the activation limit for your, for more info please check your inbox.

2. youronlinev

youronlinev Bit poster

I just bought a new retina macbook pro, replacing an older 2010 macbook pro. I also am having this activation limit problem when attempting to install parallels and migrate my VMs over.

3. RuthS

RuthS Bit poster

Hi there, same situation.

I'm setting up a new machine, and have uninstalled Parallels from the old one - but I still can't activate.

4. @RuthS, we've changed our internal setting for your license key, please activate it on your new Mac and check the issue.
    For more info please check your inbox.

5. PhilipF2

PhilipF2 Bit poster

I wiped my other computers that had Parallels installed and I got a new computer and its telling me that I've reached the maximum number activations?! Currently I do not have Parallels under my account running on any computer.

6. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi Philip,
    Please check your private message and respond.

7. ChrisB3

ChrisB3 Bit poster

I have the exact same issue. Would love some assistance.

8. @ChrisB3 we've change some internal settings of your key.
    For more info please check your inbox.

9. PhilipF3

PhilipF3 Bit poster

I have two Macs, iMac and Macbook Air which I had PD 10 installed on the Macbook Air. My activation key is not working on the iMac. I am suppose to be able to use ONE activation key on TWO computers. I would like to activate PD 10 on the iMac. When I try to activate the key, I am getting an error message "Unable to confirm license key. You have reached the maximum number of activations". I know I had given my co worker ONE of my activations and that should leave me with another activation.
    How do I remove the activation on my Macbook Air?
    I believe PD 10 is still installed on my Macbook Air. How do I remove the activation key on the Macbook Air?
    Can I have my activations reset by support?

10. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi Philip, please check your private message and respond.

11. kevini1

kevini1 Bit poster

Hi there, I need someone to deactivate my copy of parallels 9 to move to a new computer, as soon as possible? I'm also getting the "activation limit reached". My previous desktop had crashed so i changed new desktop. But i can't install with my activation key.

12. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi Kevin, please check your private message.

13. AlekseyM

AlekseyM Product Expert

Just did a time machine restore and got the error message. I really need to use Parallels, but can't because of the message. I tried the deactivate-license, but that doesn't work without a business license.

How can I get around this?

14. AlekseyM

AlekseyM Product Expert

OK, guess it's not an emergency, I have a few other keys I bought and one of the other ones worked. I'll be buying an iMac soon and would love to know how to deactivate still though.

15. Dishant@Parallels

Dishant@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello,
    To transfer your Parallels Desktop to a new Mac please follow the steps mentioned in this kb: http://kb.parallels.com/en/116527
    In case if you get the same error stating "Maximum number of activations reached." Then you will have to contact us and we will reset your activation key.

16. StevenW1

StevenW1 Bit poster

I have installed Parallel Desktop on two old computers. Today I upgraded to version 11 and tried to activate the code on a new computer, it says "Your product license has reached the activation limit. Contact the Parallels support team for assistance.". I no longer have access to old computers. Can you please help to reset the activation for me, thanks!

17. Hi, I've checked your licenses but cannot found the Parallels Desktop 11 license key. Could you provide us with this key in the private message?

18. HeitorC

HeitorC Bit poster

Hello, can you also reset the activation for me please?
    Here is my reference number:

19. AtAM1

AtAM1 Bit poster

Hello.. I am also experiencing the same issue and would appreciate some assistance here - support ticket 2151797.

Thanks!