Problem upgrading to PD 10.2.2(29105)

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by TomW3, Jul 29, 2015.

1. TomW3

TomW3 Bit poster

I installed the latest version of PD 10.2.2(29105) and it hangs when installing Parallel Tools. The installation progress bar says 62% and never goes further. My guest OS is Windows 8.1 Pro. I tried deleting PD and reinstalling but same thing happens.

2. @TomW3 please try steps below:
    1. Start your Windows virtual machine -> click on Start and type in the "Search" box "cmd" -> on the top of the list please right click on the "Command prompt" and choose run as administrator (for more information please see the screenshot in the attachment

2. In the Command prompt window please type the following command:
    sfc /scannow

and hit Enter.

3. Once the system scanning finished please restart Windows and install Parallels Tools once again.

3. TomW3

TomW3 Bit poster

I tried this and Parallel Tools Installation Agent gets an error "There was a problem updating Parallel Tools", "Please reboot". I reboot and then try to install Parallel Tools and get this same error.

4. @TomW3 could you please generate the Problem report using this KB and reply me back with the Problem report ID number

5. TomW3

TomW3 Bit poster

Ok, just sent Problem report with ID = 70710727

6. TomW3

TomW3 Bit poster

Ok, had to reinstall Windows 8.1 from USB disk. After several tries, Parallel Tools finally installed.

7. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi Tom,
    Glad to hear that the Tools are installed successfully, feel free to reach out. We are here to help.