Will I get a free upgrade to Parallels 11 if I buy Parallels 10 now?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by MustafaA1, Aug 3, 2015.

1. MustafaA1

MustafaA1 Bit poster

Hi,

I know the question has been posted a few times around here, but I got this quote in an email from Parallels' ads.

"BONUS: When you upgrade to Parallels Desktop 10 you automatically qualify to get our next version of Parallels Desktop at no additional cost to you."

So will I get a free upgrade if I buy 10 now?

2. MatthiasZ

MatthiasZ Bit poster

Same question here: if I buy Parallels 10 (from test version 10.2.2) will I get a free upgrade to the soon upcoming version 11?
    Thanks a lot.

3. PavelS1

PavelS1 Bit poster

Just saw this notice today when I launched my version of Parallels and now am also curious to know, if the 11 upgrade will come for free if I upgrade to 10 today...

4. MustafaA1

MustafaA1 Bit poster

Any feedback from support ??

5. JesseL1

JesseL1 Bit poster

Why would I receive a pop up like this, and not be able to verify anything through support. I know you guys are acting secretive about an upcoming release, but if we receive email offers, and pop-ups in the app, then they should be verifiable. By somebody. Anybody.

Attached Files:

6. JeffD3

JeffD3 Bit poster

I'm in the same boat: I saw the message but can't verify the offer anywhere online other than that one pop-up Window. I'm game to finally upgrade, but not until I can be sure this isn't a bait-and-switch of some sort.

7. Dear all, unfortunately we have no information about any sales, discount and free upgrade before the release of newest version of Parallels Desktop.

8. JesseL1

JesseL1 Bit poster

Dear parallels your app and customer information has been hacked. Those hackers are sending your customers offers that say "purchase parallels 10 and get a free upgrade".

This must be the only reason why we would get spammed and then be treated like crazy people by support.

If your site hasn't been hacked, perhaps you could provide a unified message from your company instead of sending us one thing in writing, and saying something else in the forums.

The mixed messages do not create a good image.

9. MatthiasZ

MatthiasZ Bit poster

I'd love to see a "Tech Guarantee 2015" just like last year (for 2014 the time frame was Aug. 1 through Oct. 15)... :)

10. Guys, We do not have any news about tech guarantee yet, but we will make sure to post it on the forums we have more information.
    As for the free upgrade to the next version - this option is only available to those customers who got in-product notification with this offer. Please stay tuned for more news.

11. RickP1

RickP1 Bit poster

What? So...the screenshot @JesseL1 posted is fabricated or otherwise invalid? I don't understand how a notification can be released in-product, and mysteriously, nobody at Parallels knows what's up.

12. Joe5

Joe5 Bit poster

I too was offered an update to parallels 10 through a email offer with a promise to get the next version (11) for free. I took the offer on july 30th. Now 18 days later 11 is released and parallels doesn't want to honor their own offer? This is bull**it! Ill give them 3 days to make a 360 otherwise I am filing a dispute (chargeback) with my credit card company to get a full refund and taking my business elsewhere!

13. DavidM4

DavidM4 Bit poster

I bought Parallels Desktop 10 three Weeks ago, am I able to get a free update to Version 11?

14. JeffD3

JeffD3 Bit poster

15. ChristophS4

ChristophS4 Bit poster

Same here, I boutht it only last thursday after receiving the in-app offer of a free upgrade to 11 once it is released. I hope Parallels provides some information soon on how to activate it.

16. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

17. ChristophS4

ChristophS4 Bit poster

Thank you very much for sorting it out so quickly! :)

18. Joe5

Joe5 Bit poster

they have a 30 day refund policy. Ask for a refund, then use the money to buy version 11.

19. Joe5

Joe5 Bit poster

Today I got an email from parallels telling me that I qualify for a free upgrade to version 11 since I purchased version 10 on the 30th of july. Included in the email was the product key to version 11. Good luck to the rest of you guys.

And remember, if you missed the july 29th cutoff, but you purchased version 10 less than 30 days ago, you can request a refund (they have a 30 day refund policy) and use the money to buy version 11.