Windows 10: Problem accessing files from shared folders

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by NielsK1, Aug 4, 2015.

1. NielsK1

NielsK1 Junior Member

Since upgrading to Windows 10, certain applications are no longer able to access files from Parallels and other shared folders. I can navigate to and open the files from Windows file explorer, but not from within the those applications. The applications give "file not found" error.

I have gone through the steps in the Knowledgebase article (http://kb.parallels.com/en/6885) with no success.

2. NickO2

NickO2 Bit poster

When trying to upgrade from window 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro I get the message that it can't be installed because processor doesn't support NX.. Is there something that needs to be done within parallels?

3. NielsK1

NielsK1 Junior Member

I have done further troubleshooting. It seems I only have this problem when I run the applications in "Run as Administrator" mode. When I run them normally, then everything works fine.

4. Does the issue still persist?

5. NielsK1

NielsK1 Junior Member

Maria - Yes, problem still persists.
    I will try and send you a small test program that shows the problem.
    Regards,
    Niels

6. Yes please, it will be great!
    BTW sorry for the delay.

7. NunoF1

NunoF1 Bit poster

hi, I having the same issue in Adminsistartor mode.

to replicate this behavior is really simple, run CDM as administrator and them try to go to one of the shared drives.

Any other program in Administrator mode will have the same issue when acessing the shared drives..

any configuration or turn arround?