SERVICE NOTIFICATION #1 for Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac Users

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Reywood, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Reywood

Reywood Bit poster

Recently received this e-mail:

If you are planning on installing OS X El Capitan (10.11) public beta please note that Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac does NOT support OS X El Capitan.

Before you install OS X El Capitan public beta, be sure to upgrade to Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac. It is our latest version that addresses known El Capitan compatibility issues.

BONUS: When you upgrade to Parallels Desktop 10 you automatically qualify to get our next version of Parallels Desktop at no additional cost to you.

Upgrade to Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac

Is this true? if i upgrade from Parallels Desktop 9 to Parallels Desktop 10 i´m going to receive Parallels Desktop 11 at no additional cost?

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi Reywood,

Please check your Private messages. Thanks!

3. SteveS3

SteveS3 Bit poster

Is this true? if i upgrade from Parallels Desktop 9 to Parallels Desktop 10 i´m going to receive Parallels Desktop 11 at no additional cost?

4. TerryV2

TerryV2 Bit poster

Receive same email on Friday and have the same question about version 11 if I upgrade to 10 now.

5. Guys, unfortunately we have no information about the cost of newest version of Parallels Desktop before the release.
    So, that's why we cannot provide you with any info about that.

Please apologize for the any inconvenience.

6. PavelS1

PavelS1 Bit poster

I saw this notice today when I launched my version of Parallels and now am also curious to know, if the 11 upgrade will come for free if I upgrade to 10 today... If you say it's not, what exactly does the notice mean then?

7. KoaunghiU

KoaunghiU Bit poster

I could think that "next version of Parallels Desktop" could be PD 10.1, not PD 11.
    Or, PD 11 could cost much more than PD 10. It could mean that PD 11 would be sold with additional cost. I think, "at no additional cost" is an ambiguous expression in that sentence, which doesn't automatically mean "free". That sentence leads us to think that no cost is added to the upgrade fee from PD 9 or less to PD 10. But, Maria could explain us that the upgrading to PD 10 could save the additional cost assigned to the cost of PD 11 itself.

8. schalliol

schalliol Member

Okay, I'm buying 10 now with the note referenced here that says I'll get the next version for free.