Memory issue (running Bluestacks inside of windows)

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by UlyssesL, Apr 6, 2015.

1. UlyssesL

UlyssesL Bit poster

Hello everyone.

I have a slight problem. If anyone can give me guidance or insight it would be much appreciated.

-The problem is every-time I run Bluestacks (an android emulator) inside of Parallels I ALWAYS end up running out of memory my mac crashes and I have to Reboot my macbook because it completely freezes.
    -I've tried to lower the memory that my system will give to windows Ive played around with how many CPUs I give to windows. (giving all my CPUs and all RAM or alternating the two both ways) BUT system memory has always run out. Even if I give windows 1GB of ram my memory gets higher and higher until it eventually crashes.
    -Ive tried to reinstall Parallels and also get new ISO files to run on. It seems like Bluestacks is the only program that is causing my system to run out of memory,

I was talking to a another person and he said that in the previous version on OSX there was no such problem. Is it an operating system thing?

I was wondering if there was a way so that my system wouldn't run out of memory and the whole computer crashes?

Running parallels on:
    MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier:MacBookPro11,1
    Processor Name:Intel Core i5
    Processor Speed:2.4 GHz
    Number of Processors:1
    Total Number of Cores:2
    L2 Cache (per Core):256 KB
    L3 Cache:3 MB
    Memory:8 GB

Thanks all in advance.

2. Benoit1

Benoit1 Bit poster

I have exactly the same issue with a different computer though (Macbook pro retina).
    I am considering buying Parallel 10 but if this cannot be resolved, the software is not use to me.

3. AndreyD

AndreyD Bit poster

Same problem.

4. Hi guys,
    I'd like to inform you that we have already involved our Development Team in this case and they are currently working on the resolution.
    Once we receive any updates (or workaround) we will let you know.

5. AndreyD

AndreyD Bit poster

Ah, that would be nice.
    To clarify the issue. For me Bluestack itself could work quite long time. Before the issue. But I want to use it for automation in game - Clash of Clan. So, when I start any of solution (http://www.brokenbot.org/, http://clashbot.org/) system stuck in just 5 minutes.

6. AndreyD

AndreyD Bit poster

Dear Parallels Support, do you have any news relating this issues?

7. Hey, we're still working on the resolution, sorry for the inconvenience guys, we do our best to resolve this.

8. AndreyD

AndreyD Bit poster

Just upgraded to 11th. Problem still persist :(
    Too bad :(

9. Tre

Tre Bit poster

Same Problem here Macbook Pro 13" Retina, are u guys still working on this ? What ist the Problem ? The Retina resolution ?

Can i fix this by myself ? lower the resolution of the VM or another graphic card driver ?
    under Bootcamp this works well...
    and on my 3 years old macbook air there is no problem running this...

Please fix this.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  10. AbdulrahmanA

AbdulrahmanA Bit poster

Hi,
    I have the exact same problem, Please fix this issue urgently.

11. AndreyD

AndreyD Bit poster

I use external display, so it is not Retina problem. But, really. Support - please, tell us what the problem to fix this issue. We all bought our licenses and could wait for normal reaction on our requests.
    It is two months as Maria@Parallels reported that support starts to solve our case.

12. Tre

Tre Bit poster

I think they will never solve this, just had the trial version. going to take a look at vmware fusion or virtualbox now...

13. BoraU

BoraU Bit poster

same problem here

14. AusB

AusB Bit poster

This is aweful service from Parallels. Its been over a month with no resolution to this problem. Please fix the problem ASAP or I will be requesting a full refund.

15. RichC1

RichC1 Bit poster

This is not a Parallels problem. This is an OSX problem. If you download VM Fusion. The exact same thing happens.

16. AusB

AusB Bit poster

RichC1, a parellel representative already acknowledged that this is a parallels problem and is working on it now. (read the above posts). please be informed before you post. thank you!

17. RichC1

RichC1 Bit poster

Try Downloading VMWare Fusion and try for yourself: http://www.vmware.com/ca/en/products/fusion

Please be informed before you post. Thank you!

18. Andrew9

Andrew9 Bit poster

19. Tre

Tre Bit poster

Pls share ur settings:
    Which Version of Parallels Desktop
    Display resolution in guest OS
    when u install Win10 in parallels did u choose automatic mode ?
    What settings for Bluestacks ? Did u gave 2GB Memory to the Programm ?

20. Andrew9

Andrew9 Bit poster

Hi Tre,

- I used Parallels Desktop version 10
    - Currently using the 1650x1050 resolution in the guest (I also have settings for Retina displayed enabled in configuration)
    - I'm not sure what you mean by automatic mode, but I selected the normal windows 10 version from the dropdown menu in the link. Also, during installation I
    chose "other" because it did not list windows 10 x64 bit as a choice.
    - For Bluestacks, I just downloaded the online version from there website, and didn't change any of the the settings.

Hope that helps