Parallels 8 to 10 Enterprise Upgrade

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by W.I, Aug 12, 2015.

1. W.I

W.I Member

I had Parallels 8 Enterprise, but am no longer part of the Enterprise, so i bought an upgrade to 10 on March 11 this year. Now it says my license will expire on August 26 and when I click "check license" it says it can't be renewed. When I click "about parallels desktop" it says I have the Business edition. I thought the upgrade I bought would have changed this to a standard edition. What can I do?

2. W.I

W.I Member

My original post was wrong in that I didn't buy an upgrade, but bought the full standard version for $80. When I installed it on top of PD 8, I wasn't prompted for an activation key. Today I manually activated the key and downloaded the file, ParallelsDesktop-10.2.2-29105.dmg.
    When I installed this on top of my existing PD 10, nothing changed and I still show having PD 10 Business edition.

3. @W.I ok, in this case could you please remove Parallels Desktop completely from your Mac using this KB and then install the consumer version of Parallels Desktop once again.
    Let us know the results please.

4. W.I

W.I Member

After moving the parallels app to the trash, emptying the trash, restarting, and installing from the .dmg resulted in my still have PD 10 for business, but "check license" worked OK now so I guess the problem is fixed.

5. Manoj@Parallels

Manoj@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Glad that your issue is fixed! Feel free to reach out anytime, we're here to help!

6. W.I

W.I Member

I am not sure it is fixed. I still show having PD 10 for Business, but now with an expiration date of 10/15/15. Would that expiration date be normal for PD 10 standard edition?
    If I moved the app to trash and also Licenses.xml to trash and reinstall, would that work?

7. @W.I please download the remove tool from this KB: http://kb.parallels.com/en/122653
    and uninstall Parallels Desktop using this tool, also, yes, please delete the "License.xml",
    Then, please download the consumer Parallels Desktop app from this link.

8. W.I

W.I Member

Thanks. That worked and I now have PD10 standard edition instead of business edition.

9. Glad to know!:)
    If you have any additional questions please let us know