Windows 10 'Bootcamp updated' but not available to Parallels

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Sérgio Marcelo, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Sérgio Marcelo

Sérgio Marcelo Bit poster

My windows 8.1 updated to 10, and now it is gone. It is not available from Parallels. But if I boot straigth to Windows 10 Bootcamp, it works.
    I just need to activate Windows 10 Bootcamp installation in Parallels. But I don't know how to do so. And in Parallels it doesn't show "Bootcamp" option in Wizard anymore.

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi SergioM1, Boot into the recovery partition, and then choose Security Configuration from the Utilities menu. You can uncheck Enforce System Integrity Protection, click Apply Configuration, and restart and then try this article

3. ChrisM3

ChrisM3 Junior Member

And what about the activation question?

4. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi Chris, if the boot camp partition is activated successfully, the virtual machine will also get activated. If not delete the boot camp virtual machine and add the boot camp partition again as a Parallels Desktop virtual machine.

5. ChrisM3

ChrisM3 Junior Member

Nope. Just tried it to double-check. Unactivated in Parallels - as per the other thread.

6. Sérgio Marcelo

It didn't work when following manual:
    I did select Windows 10, and Bootcamp partition.
    But when I try to run the VM, it shows:
    "Trying to boot from SATA drive 1..."
    And then I'm stuck.

7. Sérgio Marcelo

I only get updates on Parallels 11 to purchase.
    I did buy the upgrade last year, but I'm not doing this year. It doesn't work as expected.
    I don't have parallels working for quite some time now.

8. MohamadF

MohamadF Bit poster

Dear Marcelo,
    I have faced the same problem. Several attempts to upgrade Win 8.1 Pro to Win 10 through Parallels 11 were failed. Then after did all the necessary updates on Win 8.1 (to the latest one), I tried to update through bootcamp Win8.1 using the utility and finally it worked. After updated the Apple bootcamp to v6, restarted to MacOs, tried to access the Win10 through Parallels 11, but it is failed by showing msg 'trying to boot from sata 1". You have to add new VM of new Win10, which my mistake is forcing the Parallels to access new Win 10 through the same VM as I previously installed Win8.1. Just remove the old one and add the new one. This only apply when you did the upgrade through bootcamp not Parallels Desktop.