Windows 10 Preview 2 - Coherence Mode

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by EyanS, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Adrie

Adrie Bit poster

I totally agree with DanielL2. I bought recently a new license (80 euro's !) and having several issues with Parallels 10 with Windows 10, this is only one of them. (e.g. this morning the VM wouldn't start up after a Windows 10 update, only after I resetted the VM). I'm using Windows only in coherence mode, and I see in this blog that Parallels hasn't done nothing on this problem for more then 7 months now! It's a big shame. You pay a lot for a buggy application, and my experience is also that Parallels let you pay again for every upgrade of e.g. OS X. Shame and blame to this company.

2. RichH1

RichH1 Bit poster

KenK2
    Your workaround does kill the "start button", but does not resolve the popping to gray screen in the last Mac spaces issue, which is the big Coherence problem. However it is noteworthy that when you prevent the start button (AKA ShellExperianceHost) from running, you can still right click on the start button location and get a context menu for essential tasks like shutdown/restart. The gray screen issue is the new Cortana search function which seems to have replace the historic search function. If someone knows how to disable Cortana in favor of the old search, the gray screen problem would probably not happen. Cortana must not conform to the historic Windows standards. I've also noticed that the gray screen will often show nonfunctional images of other Win apps I'm running, like Outlook, for example.

3. MarvinTa

MarvinTa Bit poster

Did anybody test PD11 that was released just recently? If so, we should DEMAND Parallels to provide an upgrade free of charge!!

DanielL2 likes this.
  4. DanielL2

DanielL2 Bit poster

Parallels 11 is a slap on the face of everybody that bought Parallels 10 and is having issues with Coherence Mode. Unacceptable behavior!

5. Pagemakers

Pagemakers Member

Couldn't agree more. Totally fed up shelling out every year for Parallels.
    That said.....I've given in again and upgraded to Parallels 11 and it does indeed work perfectly with Windows 10.

6. MarvinTa

MarvinTa Bit poster

WTH!!! So it's not that they don't know how to fix it yet, it's just a ploy to get us to buy PD11!!!
    That does it for me, I'm switching to Fusion. If I have to pay to get this to work I might as well switch.... Goodbye.

CarlosJ1 and DanielL2 like this.
  7. RichH1

RichH1 Bit poster

I agree that Parallels did a poor PR job with this release, but it is the best ever version and is a true upgrade. Win10 apps seen to perform faster than native OS X apps. If the upgrades were always free, how would they stay in business and have enough R&D money for improving the software. You don't expect free "upgrades" every time you go to your favorite restaurant.

8. Pagemakers

Pagemakers Member

Agreed but I have never paid so much for so many upgrades as I have with Parallels. It's now getting a bit boring.
    I only use windows half a dozen times a year and to pay £40 for that seems a tad excessive.

9. DanielL2

DanielL2 Bit poster

RichH1 I do not want an upgrade I want version 10 working as it was publicized. That is what this forum is about. Nobody here wants free meals neither economics lessons.

10. nicwilson

nicwilson Junior Member

Funny that, you have fixed it for Parallels 11.