Windows 10 Parallels Display issue - solution upcoming??

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by dazzer, Jul 30, 2015.

1. danielh2

danielh2 Bit poster

sorry maria, this ist not possible with a free update.... i can not install windows 10 with the serial from windows 8. this is only possible with the update funktion in windows.
    and then is the adapter problem....
    please....

J.R1 likes this.
  2. AnthonyS3

AnthonyS3 Bit poster

@Maria@Parallels I just updated to Parallels 11 in hopes it would finally allow me to have a working Windows 10 VM but low and behold the same issues persists. I had windows 7 64bit with 4gb ram and plenty of disc space. Got the WDDM error so I used the media creation tool. Once the system goes through the upgrade process and reboots I get nothing but a black screen. What a waste of $50

J.R1 likes this.
  3. AlanY1

AlanY1 Bit poster

I just upgraded to Parallels 11, hoping to get the Windows 10 upgrade done. but I get an error message that my parallels wddm does not work with Windows 10 ?! help!

J.R1 likes this.
  4. danielh2

danielh2 Bit poster

J.R1 likes this.
  5. J.R1

J.R1 Bit poster

I too just purchased Parallels 11. Going on Parallels advertising expected to install Windows 10 upgrade. However I have the same wddm error message as with Parallels 10. Maybe I should demand a refund?

Parallels-team, Maria@Parallels
    Hello?

6. Hi all, please try this KB, it should help now.

7. J.R1

J.R1 Bit poster

Thanks Maria. But please, we don't want a workaround - these are fraught with danger. Given that Windows 10 has been out now for some time surely this issue is close to fixing.
    I will impatiently wait for the new update (not Parallels 11 either - this new version has same issues) rather than try some alternate method recommended in this forum, which has provided nothing but grief for some.

8. Sean S

Sean S Junior Member

Yep I tried that and it doesn't work. When will Parallels have a Microsoft certified display driver available so that we can upgrade to Windows 10?

I feel like asking for my £35 upgrade charge back as Parallels Desktop 11 is clearly not fit for purpose! Its misleading to say that it will work with Windows 10.

9. Pierre-AndreR

Pierre-AndreR Bit poster

Hello, I have a problem ! I start to update windows 8 to 10 without downloading before the spec file ? and now I'm blocked

10. SteveG3

SteveG3 Bit poster

Maria,
    The following from your Website:
    Now Supporting Windows 10 and ready for El Capitan
    Run Windows 10 and OS X® El Capitan with ease. Use Microsoft Cortana®, your virtual assistant, on your Mac.

How can you claim to support Windows 10 if the same installation problem persist from Parallels 10, I feel taken advantage of by Parallels.
    I upgraded to have the support for Windows 10 that you advertised, not to have to try the same cludge/workaround that still does not work for me!

11. AnthonyC2

AnthonyC2 Junior Member

I got the display problem with using parallels 10 from Win 7 to Winn 10, after the upgrade, I have display problems. First, Parallels warns me (it may have problem if you use Win 10, are you sure you want to continue.) Are you kidding me? I follow all instructions from Parallels and I got this warning after the upgrade? Then I continue to open Win 10. Then I have display problems. I cannot use the 'setting' in the Win 10. It just flash within a sec and gone when I hit the icon. Some of the softwares I used to use cannot show the whole page...... I want to recover the Win 10 back to Win 7 but when I hit the recovery icon, it disappears within half a second so I cannot do the recovery......all these should be display problem. What can I do? Reinstall the Window? Help me please......... If there are major bugs, please please do not release it.........This is a disaster......