Parallels desktop 10 keeps detecting osx and asking to create a new vm

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ivahost, May 5, 2015.

1. ivahost

ivahost Member

Is there any way of stopping this from happening?

A few times a day I keep getting a notification saying that osx is detected (Geez its a mac :)) It then proceeds to install a new vm with osx inside it and I have to cancel out of that dialog box.

-Ivar

2. Manoj@Parallels

Manoj@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hi,
    Please submit a Problem Report ID http://kb.parallels.com/9058 and provide us the ID number, so that we can investigate further on this issue.

3. Nimish1

Nimish1 Bit poster

Parallels Desktop has long been one of the go-to applications for using your Mac to virtualize a wide variety of operating systems, and many considered its previous version 9 as more than sufficient for getting this job done.

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi ivahost, Please update Parallels Desktop 10 to the latest build and check how it works.

5. Bo Koue Callesen

Bo Koue Callesen Bit poster

I do see the same behaviour on my Mac Pro but not on my MBP, Parallels is ver 10 and updated to latest build Version 10.2.2 (29105) on both Mac's.

TM on the MP is a directly connected TB drive, whereas on the MBP it is a networked Time Capsule.

/Bo

6. Manoj@Parallels

Manoj@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hi,
    Please submit a Problem Report ID http://kb.parallels.com/9058 and provide us the ID number, so that we can investigate further on this issue.

7. Bo Koue Callesen

ID 71846522

8. Thank you for this information, but please generate one more report right after the reproducing the issue, and let us know the 8-digit ID number.
    Sorry for the any inconvenience..

9. Bo Koue Callesen

72258267 generated 30 sec after the Notification came.

10. I have the same issue. I have reported it in June, ID2118288. I talked to someone at Support and he remoted my computer without any solution.
    He suspected it was because I had a newer beta version of OS X on one of my VMs.
    This is not the case, I have deleted those VMs, but the problem is still there... and it is still there after upgrading to Parallels Desktop 11 Pro.

11. Bo Koue Callesen

Updated to v11 and now the Notification comes every time TimeMachine have finished it's backup run, still this only happens on my MP with TB drives for the TM, on my MBP with network based TM, no notification.

12. Same here, tried to run a backup now. As soon as it finished, I got the notification.
    This is new behaviour with v11. With v10 I only had the notification once per day.
    I also have my Time Machine backup to a Thunderbolt Drive directly connected to my iMac... Could be something there.

13. JoeF1

JoeF1 Bit poster

Same story here. Got the message about once a day on 10. Now on 11 Pro getting when my Time Machine backup finishes backing up to a directly connected USB 2.0 drive.