Windows 10 VM hangs every time started

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Mark Solomon, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Mark Solomon

Mark Solomon Bit poster

Running parallels desktop for mac (version 10.2.2 (29105) and followed the instructions on article 122884 to prepare the VM for windows 10 and then ultimately install windows 10 in the VM. That went fine. Now that i have it installed, however, every time i launch the VM windows 10 comes up and just hangs. Can't do anything. To fix, i access the VM menu and do actions/reset. This starts windows up again and it finishes launching. But don't want to have to do this every time i want to go into the windows 10 VM. At this point I'm not sure how to proceed. Advice? Thanks.

2. Hi @Mark Solomon please try the steps below:

1. Start you Virtual machine and click on the "start" button"
    2. Please type in the "Search" box "cmd" (without quotes) and hit Enter
    3. In the Command prompt window please type the following command:
    sfc /scannow and hit Enter.
    4. Please check the results and restart your Virtual machine.

3. Mark Solomon

Mark Solomon Bit poster

can't do it. there seems to be a disconnect in user accounts on the windows side. when i try to do the command, says don't have admin privileges. But when executing the cmd command, get to c:\users\username ... where the username is different than the login id for windows. bottom line - don't have admin permissions to do this. Tried to rename the username ... so it would match the login name, but didn't work.