Connecting to PC via browser from Mac not working

Discussion in 'Accessing your PC' started by DAVIDK1, Mar 8, 2015.

1. DAVIDK1

DAVIDK1 Bit poster

When I access my account, I clearly see my PC online and available in my Parallels account. The problem is when I select the PC to connect to it, it takes me to the login screen which does not show my correct User ID. Instead it show only the Admin ID. Is there a way to define which User ID(s) are available when trying to access via a browser.

Ipad and iPhone both access the same PC fine!!

Help!!

DKS

IkechukwuN and AlexanderL1 like this.
  2. IkechukwuN

IkechukwuN Junior Member

Best Answer
    Hi again,
    I've found a solution in my case and thought to share, if you have the same conditions that is. So I could not log unto my pc via Parallels access on a browser on my Mac. I work at a university so my pc and mac are on the universities network. The problem why i could not connect was because, when the university gives us our usernames and passwords, when we log unto the Novell client on our windows pc, we are required to tick a box that says: "make your novell password the same with your computer password". Immediately i did this, i was able to enter my password on parallel access on browser on the mac and i was able to access my PC. Hope this helps.

The only problem i have now is that i don't hear the sound of my PC on my Mac via the browser. However I can hear the sound of my PC if i connect via my iPad or iPhone. Any pointers would be appreciated from the Parallels team.

Cheers!

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  3. Manoj@Parallels

Manoj@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

4. IkechukwuN

IkechukwuN Junior Member

Perfect. This is the exact problem am having with my PC. I can also access the PC with my iPad and iPhone but not via browser on Mac. Glad it's not only me. Hope we get a solution. Have been pulling my hair out :)

5. IkechukwuN

IkechukwuN Junior Member

Best Answer
    Hi again,
    I've found a solution in my case and thought to share, if you have the same conditions that is. So I could not log unto my pc via Parallels access on a browser on my Mac. I work at a university so my pc and mac are on the universities network. The problem why i could not connect was because, when the university gives us our usernames and passwords, when we log unto the Novell client on our windows pc, we are required to tick a box that says: "make your novell password the same with your computer password". Immediately i did this, i was able to enter my password on parallel access on browser on the mac and i was able to access my PC. Hope this helps.

The only problem i have now is that i don't hear the sound of my PC on my Mac via the browser. However I can hear the sound of my PC if i connect via my iPad or iPhone. Any pointers would be appreciated from the Parallels team.

Cheers!

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  6. Hi, thanks a lot for sharing this info. Also few day ago we've release the minor update of Parallels Access, you can now download it and check the issue.

7. IkechukwuN

IkechukwuN Junior Member

Thanks for you reply. Did the update but sadly still the same. Still have no sound on the browser end. Thanks.

8. Hi, thank you for your reply. We've escalated this issue to our Development team and now we're working on the resolution.

9. MarkS11

MarkS11 Bit poster

Same problem here. Support has been useless.

10. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Dear Mark, Thank you for reporting us the issue, this seems to be known issue and our Engineers are looking into this. And this should be fixed in our future updates. Stay tuned for the updates.

11. DonO1

DonO1 Bit poster

Hi,
    I'm experiencing the identical problem as well. Please let me know when this issue is resolved.
    Thanks,
    Don

12. ManojK@Parallels

ManojK@Parallels Parallels Support

Kindly submit a Problem Report ID http://kb.parallels.com/116783 and provide us the ID number here to assist you better as we have released a new version of Parallels Access after the last update in this thread.