BOSD after 5 minutes

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Alan Dahl, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Alan Dahl

Alan Dahl Bit poster

Ever since I installed Parallels 6 I've been getting a BSOD in my XP virtual machine after about 5 minutes. The message is "A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. An attempt was made to execute non-executable memory". In an attempt to fix it I upgraded to Parallels 7 but the same thing happens. Besides deleting my virtual machine and re-installing Windows is there anything I can do?

2. YanaYana

YanaYana

the problem is not with Parallels but with Windows installation. Try to run Check Disk (chkdsk /f) or repair installation using Windows CD.

3. Alan Dahl

Alan Dahl Bit poster

Chkdsk /f did not find any problems and the add new hardware wizard can not set up my CD-Rom drive because of an error code 39 (device driver may be corrupted or missing).

4. YanaYana

YanaYana

There may be a virus on your Windows. You need to check it for viruses and run repair from CD. What exact BSOD message did you get?

5. Alan Dahl

Alan Dahl Bit poster

The message, as noted above is "An attempt was made to execute non-executable memory". Under Technical Information I get the following:

*** STOP: 0x000000FC (0xF794DB48, 0x074FD163, 0xF794DAB4, 0x00000000)

I have McAffee with the latest virus definitions installed. As I stated I can't run repair from CD as the CD-Rom has a corrupted device driver (error 39).

6. YanaYana

YanaYana

remove CD/DVD section from Configure > Options
    add it back using + sign

7. Bazzaa

Bazzaa Bit poster

I got a BOSD with DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (igdkmd64.sys) error message. I googled this and it said I needed to update my Intel drivers, which I did. I also tried to update my NVIDIA GeForce driver as recommended but this couldn't be found. I still got the BOSD so I ran chkdsk /f C: (my Bootcamp partition) and this stopped at 74% saying 57625 of 350704 files processed. I then had the option of retrying or stopping. I chose retry with the same result. I then chose the stop option. Now, whenever I try and load Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac I get chkdsk going through the process and stopping at the same point. Any idea how I can overcome the problems of chkdsk running all the time please?

8. Hi, do you have the same issue on the Boor Camp side and in the VM? If yes, there is some internal Windows issue,, please use this article to check