New Parallels installation cannot install W10

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JohnW8, Sep 2, 2015.

1. JohnW8

JohnW8 Junior Member

I am running OSX 10.10.5 and have just bought Parallels Pro and installed on the OSX and everything seems to be fine.
    However when i try to install a brand new Windows 10 from a USB stick nothing happens.
    I try to select Detect Operating system automatically and all i get is the spinning icon indicating tat Operating system has been found and that is it nothing else happens.
    Help please, this has been an expensive exercise so far with nothing to show for it??

thanks

John

2. JohnW8

JohnW8 Junior Member

Maria,

Thanks,

My Boot failed at step 3 in the procedure, and every time i tried to reset via the Action menu it failed again.

Thz

John

3. JohnW8

JohnW8 Junior Member

Maria,

Ok, i have gone back and started again, and this time the procedure you referred to worked and my Virtual Machine is now up and running, but seems to have been a little bit of an issue for Parallels to get so wrong ...

Hope my future use of this product is better than the initial experience.

Thx

John

4. RodneyB1

RodneyB1 Bit poster

I have been having the exact same problem today. Been running Parallels for years with Windows XP. Realized that it was time to upgrade so I upgraded to Parallels 11 and bought a Windows 10 USB stick. I have been trying to figure out how to get it to load for the last 6 hours. I have tried everything including the KB mentioned by Maria. I really don't know what to do next

5. JohnW8

JohnW8 Junior Member

Hello,
    Not sure what i can suggest, as i indicated i restarted Parallels and went through the recommendations in the KB and it worked, The one thing i did do differently and i am not sure if it made a difference is that in step 2. where they indicate to add the Boot Source for the External Drive, I also moved the External Drive so that it was 1st in the list, you do this by selecting it and then clicking th eup arrow to the right until it is at the top.
    However i am not sure if that made the difference or not as i did not go back and verify.

Not sure if this is of any use. I also created a trouble ticket about this issue and the support people came back with the same recommendation of using the KB that Maria suggested.

John