Default web browser?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Cliff_Anderssen, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Cliff_Anderssen

Cliff_Anderssen Bit poster

Since Ive installed YOSEMITE I get the message " Do you want to change your Default Web browser to Parallels Desktop or keep using Safari"

I have always selected Safari but Im not sure what this is suppose to do?
    Also this message keeps appearing during the log on sequence to Windows 8.1.

Can you explain what its all about and what do I have to do to stop this message repeating.......

2. Roy_Mellon

Roy_Mellon Bit poster

Ditto - any help?

3. jmeyer

jmeyer Junior Member

Me too. It happens whenever I shut down a Windows 8.1 VM and I can't get it to stop.

4. JeraldJ

JeraldJ Bit poster

My situation is slightly different. I am still using Mavericks and I never see Parallels asking me if I want to change my default browser. Instead, it simply changes it to the default browser in the VM. Therefore, when I select a link in Mac OS email, I open that link in my browser in my Windows VM. If I keep Safari open and I have its preferences open, I can change back to my preferred browser in Mac OS, but inevitably, Parallels changes it again. Sometimes, I don't see the change in Safari Preferences, but a link from Mac OS email opens in my VM's browser

5. AndyB2

AndyB2 Bit poster

Are we going to get any assistance with this? I have the same issue.

6. Guys please try this article and let us know the results.

7. AndyB2

AndyB2 Bit poster

All of the settings on my Mac and browsers are already set to what the article references. The pop-up doesn't show up until after I start Parallels, if I'm only working within the Mac OS I never see the prompt.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  8. AndyB2

AndyB2 Bit poster

Any other ideas? I'd like to get this resolved if possible.

9. PierreL2

PierreL2 Bit poster

The thread is pretty old but I guess I won't be the only one to be sent to it by big G. or other.
    The answer is here: http://kb.parallels.com/122567 (bottom of the page).
    Thanks to Parallels Support vial twitter!