Parallels Access (Mac): Won't accept correct login information

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by eyepee, Sep 11, 2015.

1. eyepee

eyepee Member

I have Parallels Access on a few of my Macs and I access them remotely usually via web browser access. I have put OS X 10.11 on them (GM Candidate). On one of my Macs with 10.11 I cannot log in to the Parallels Access app anymore. I have tried deleting the app and removing all traces of the app then re-installing but it still tells me my login or password is incorrect. My login credentials are definitely correct as I use Parallels Access on multiple Macs. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? I tried deleting everything (files and folders named Parallels) then reinstalled but the same problem. There may be a plist or file or something somewhere to delete? I have Parallels full virtual OS app on a few of my Macs but not the affected one (only Parallels Access).

Any comments appreciated.

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @eyepee Please uninstall and reinstall Parallels Access on both Mac.
    Web Console officially supports these Web browsers:
    Mac:
    - Safari v.6 and higher
    - Chrome v.14 and higher
    - Firefox v.6 and higher
    - Opera v.12.10 and higher (optional)
    Windows PC:
    - Internet Explorer v.10, v.11, and higher
    - Chrome v.14 and higher
    - Firefox v.6 and higher
    - Opera v.12.10 and higher (optional)

3. eyepee

eyepee Member

Um... Like I said in my post...

"I have tried deleting the app and removing all traces of the app then re-installing but it still tells me my login or password is incorrect."

In Mac terms, 'deleting' an app (unless it has an install program) is 'uninstalling'.

So it still does not work.

I don't have any problem with web browsers? Please read my post correctly.

The 'Login' info that is not accepted is the login when I have to log into the App, not the browser.

Thank you.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  4. eyepee

eyepee Member

This is pretty poor. I pay for a subscription for Parallels Access and it doesn't work and Parallels can't fix it. PaulChris didn't even read my post. Very disappointing.

5. eyepee

eyepee Member

I have sent in a 'Report a Problem' request.

I am tried to create a report ticket but your support webpage is broken. The first drop down window for 'How can we help you' is faulty and does not drop down so I cannot move forward in the request.

This page.

https://www.parallels.com/au/products/access/support/request/

I would submit a further support request about the support request webpage not working but I cannot submit a support request because the support request webpage is not working.

6. Hi, could you please generate the problem report from the Parallels Access once again and reply us back with the report 8-digit ID number.
    Please use this KB for the report generation.
    We will create a support ticket for you, but to do that we need details step-by-step description in order to reproduce the issue on our side and clearly understand the issue.
    We're waiting for your reply and will be glad to help you.

7. eyepee

eyepee Member

8. eyepee

eyepee Member

Ditto...

I take it your plan for fixing this is to hope I just go away?

9. eyepee

eyepee Member

Can you even acknowledge you have received and are looking into my problem report?

10. eyepee

eyepee Member

You people are true leaders in customer service. Is this what my subscription is paying for? The sound of silence.

11. eyepee

eyepee Member

I take it your outstanding customer service of fixing my issue is still continuing with complete silence and inability to fix problems even though customers pay a subscription for your service. Or is it possibly another reason?

12. eyepee

eyepee Member

Parallels, you have the worst customer service I have experienced. Can you just respond with 'we received your 8 digit ID number and decided the problem was too hard so we gave up and have decided to stare out the window'. It will make my life easier so I can look at other options to Parallels Access.

13. eyepee

eyepee Member

Hello Parallels. Are you fixing this.

14. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi, We have released the latest build for Parallels Access. Please uninstall Parallels Access and then reinstall on both remote device and iPad and let us know how it works. Thanks!