Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac Upgrade blocked by Chrome

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by DagC, Oct 2, 2015.

1. DagC

DagC Bit poster

The "immediate download" (translated from norwegian) link I get in my registration email from Cleverbridge is blocked by Chrome. The message I get, again translated from norwegian, is "this file is malicious and Chrome has blocked it". It's not possible to override and select download, I can only close the message.

Using Safari works, but I don't want to install Parallels since Google consider it being malicious. How do I download my Parallels purchase in Chrome?

2. HonzaIl

HonzaIl Member

3. DagC

DagC Bit poster

Of course, but I purchased Parallels, received a link and the link is immediately blocked by Google as "malicious". Of course this makes me a bit wary - Is it the file they consider malicious, or is it Cleverbridge as source?

4. FredG

FredG Bit poster

Google is paranoid. Simply download the file in Safari and if you want scan it with a reputable anti-virus/anti-malware program of your choice and then when you find nothing is wrong with the file install it and enjoy Parallels 11.

5. Guys do you still have any issues?