Parallels 9 and El Capitan - seems to work?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Gareth_Davies, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Gareth_Davies

Gareth_Davies Junior Member

Parallels 9 seems to be working with El Capitan for me - VMs loading and running with access to external devices (USB drives and so on) with no crashing so far.

Parallels has said that it won't work. Can anyone confirm whether or not there's something I'm missing?

2. Hi, unfortunately we are not supporting the Parallels Desktop 9 with El Capitan configuration. However, you may install the El Capitan update at your own risk and check how it works. As I know, it should work with Parallels Desktop 8 and 9, but in case of issues, we would not be able to investigate them as every version of our application has been designed with compatibility for a specific Mac OS version.

3. Aurel

Aurel Bit poster

Hey, I want to upgrade my OS X to El Capitan, but like you, I also have Windows with Parallels 9. Can you confirm again that it works?

Thanks!

4. Gareth_Davies

Gareth_Davies Junior Member

I haven't fully tested it because I'm moving to Fusion 8.

But yes Parallels 9 does work with El Capitan at least in terms of VMs starting, running, not crashing, external devices being available and Windows/OS X file sharing working. I don't use Coherence much so can't comment on that but it seems to work.