Unable to upgrade parallels

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ParthK, Oct 2, 2015.

1. ParthK

ParthK Bit poster

Hi,

I just purchased an upgrade license to upgrade from Paralles 9 to 11, while upgrading it asks for my old license which i can't seem to locate, what can i do next ?

Thanks
    Parth

2. Hi, I've checked your account and purchase information and gave found only Parallels Desktop 11 order.
    In this case, could you please provide us with your another email which you used for purchase or registration of Parallels Desktop.

3. ParthK

ParthK Bit poster

Hi Maria,

I had received it from a friend a few years back don't have access to the email or him any more, what options do i have now ?
    I assumed the upgrade would pick the old key automatically.

Thanks
    Parth

4. Ok, and do you have any invoice or another purchase documents for this key?

5. ParthK

ParthK Bit poster

Unfortunately not

6. Hi, I've checked your account and your key has been already registered. Do you still have the issue with registration?

7. ParthK

ParthK Bit poster

Yes i can't use it on Parallels as it is asking me the old key for upgrade
    Parth

8. JulioU

JulioU Bit poster

Hello,

Until today I was running Parallels Desktop 10 on a Macbook Pro and Mac Mini, no issues, then upgraded to 11 Pro on a subscription, installed on my Mac mini without problem but it will not allow me to activate my second machine (which is the most I use!!!), I've been using this software since Desktop 4 and have been able to install in on more than 2 machines.

How does this work on Subscription? - because if this now will only allows me to install it on one machine, its no longer worth it for me, and I'd like to return the product.

Thanks,
    Julio

9. Hi,
    Parallels End User License Agreement permits one copy of the software to be activated by a single license key on a single computer.
    If you have multiple license keys for the software, you may activate that number of copies of the software on the same corresponding number of computers as you have license keys.
    The Parallels End User License Agreement is available at: http://www.parallels.com/about/legal/eula/

10. We need a bit more info to find your Parallels Desktop 9 key.
    Could you please provide us with the another email which you used to purchase Parallels.

11. JulioU

JulioU Bit poster

So... Do I need to purchase a new Pro subscription or key? I just don't get it! paying for a new key when my software was working perfectly....really...I don't get it. How can i get my money back?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015