Both P10 & P11 performance significantly degraded after El Capitan update

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by JamilB, Oct 5, 2015.

1. JamilB

JamilB Junior Member

Latest build of 10 takes well over 15 minutes to boot now after updating to El Capitan. I reinstalled parallels tools which took nearly an hour, and there was no improvement. These are the symptoms:

• Windows 10 takes nearly 18minutes to boot up. (booting from an USB3.0 SSD). Used to take less than 45sec.
    • Once started, activating any icon to open a program, or even the Windows Start menu results in freezing the OS for several minutes.
    • It took 20 minutes just to shut the VM down and reboot.....
    Ok....figures maybe there was something to Parallels 11...so I downloaded and installed the trial..... SAME problems! Parallels tools is 69% updated and it's been installing for over an hour now. I've lost 1/2 productivity dealing with this issue now.

Frustrated, not happy, not pleased...

2. ChrisD4

ChrisD4 Bit poster

I am having similar issues with Parallels 10, and now 11, on El Capitan.

I haven't noticed the boot up shut down time issues, yet, but the Windows 10 OS VM i use constantly hangs for 10s to 1+min and then suddenly rights itself.

If there are any log files or config settings I can provide to help trace the issue, please let me know.

3. JamilB

JamilB Junior Member

I've now reverted back to Yosemite. I don't know if it's an El Capitan issue or a Parallels issue. I can't afford to wait for a solution right now unfortunately. I'll revisit when El Capitan gets a .1 release update.... or Parallels speaks up on the issue.

4. CheeK1

CheeK1 Bit poster

Upgraded to El Capitan and after a short session on P10 running Win10 Technical review to perform some simple online banking transactions, found myself unable to shutdown Win10 as it appears the system has entered into a deadly embrace! Regardless of what I tried to do, it simply display the 'shutting down' message as the system has simply hung itself. I bought P10 just for the purpose of online banking as required by the Chinese banks I've accounts with as they all require ActiveX as part of their online security requirements. Can anyone be kind enough to help?

Beginning to dawn on me the purchase of a P10 license is a major mistake as trying to get technical support from the P{arallels knowledge base is like finding a needle in a haystack. Parallels Technical support is simply exasperating for a user who has very basic requirements of the app. May revert back to my Windows PC if this is how things go....