Server rejecting License

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by GeezyB, Sep 29, 2015.

1. GeezyB

GeezyB Bit poster

I'm trying to install Parallels and when im going to activate it it says "The license server rejects it. Contact the Parallels support team for assistance."

Attached Files:

2. KeithF2

KeithF2 Junior Member

Are you attempting to install it on a second machine? I had this error yesterday - they have blocked installation of the same license on more than one machine -

3. DanielS4

DanielS4 Bit poster

I am having the same exact problem, WTF? I have Parallels 8 already installed and paid for an upgrade. Should have know this was just a money grab from Parallels, if this doesn't get fixed I want a refund.

4. KeithF2

KeithF2 Junior Member

I already have the refund coming. I will roll back to Parallels 10 and then review VMware in more detail and make the switch for my small office

5. maurizio2

maurizio2 Bit poster

Ho acquistato l'aggiornamento di parallels desktop 11 ma non posso installarlo perchè la mia precedente licenza è di parallels 5, come posso fare per avere la versione di parallels 11 funzionante?

6. KorkyPlunger

KorkyPlunger Hunter

I had the same issue today with my Parallels 11 Pro subscription. After buying a new Macbook and migrating from a Time Machine backup, Parallels would not activate my license due to the same "license server rejects it" issue. After spending 30 agonizing minutes on the phone -- including installing an application to give their support team remote access to my machine -- they had to reset my license on their end.

The support representative told me that, before activating Parallels on a new machine I need to deactivate it on my old machine. When I asked him how to deactivate it on my old machine, there was a long pause, and then he informed me that there is no way to do so except to contact Parallels Support team.

It seems crazy that Parallels does not provide a way for the end user themselves to revoke the authorization on an old machine. It's wasting everyone's time and money, including their own, to have to involve Parallels Support in these issues. Even worse, none of their Support Articles indicate that this problem is not resolvable without contacting support.

7. Hi, thank you for your feedback. We will make sure to share it with the marketing team.

8. JoeR1

JoeR1 Bit poster

This was the last straw for me. I've upgraded since v5 and just bought a 1 year license this month. I switched to a new machine. I'm not going through a 30 minute phone call. Parallels has just gotten out of hand anymore with the constant upgrades every year and now this on top of it. Keep your key, I'm switching over to VMWare Fusion.

PILIDISK likes this.
  9. PILIDISK

PILIDISK Bit poster

I just switched all my apple desktops to virtual box!!! It's amazing and Freeeeee!!!!l Try it

10. JayWeiss

JayWeiss Bit poster

I want my money back. I paid for a subscription for Parallels 11 Pro. I have loved the product and used it since version 1, but now I find out I can't migrate it to a new machine without calling Parallels??? Even Adobe allows you to deactivate a license and move it to a new machine. Copy protection never ends well...

11. FredericM1

FredericM1 Bit poster

I have Parallels 3.0 bought and bought on my MacBook Air 2013 Update ( Update n ° 1 ) . Now I have my MacBook Air is replaced by a MacBook Pro and have installed the trial version of Parallels 11th Now I have re- purchased an update ( Update n ° 2 ) , but Parallels does not accept my old key .

Now I bought the update ( Update n ° 2 ) and Parallels can not use them.

Please help.

12. AmaliaM

AmaliaM Bit poster

I have parallels 11.0 and the old license expired a couple of weeks ago. I have bought an upgrade but I get the same meesage
    "The product key of a previous version of Parallels Desktop has been not accepted on the license server. "
    I have write an email to parallels and got no answer back.
    please help me

13. Guna@Parallels

Guna@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @AmaliaM
    We checked the records and found that you have purchased Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition on 11/11/2015 which is a subscription. As the subscription is expired, a full version of Parallels Desktop should be useful for a successful activation. Also, you've purchased an upgrade version of Parallels Desktop 12 and an upgrade to Parallels Desktop 12 is supported only on Parallels Desktop 10 and Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac. Please confirm us if you would like to receive a refund for the upgrade purchase so that you can purchase a full version of Parallels Desktop 12.