No Response to mouse and "DVD Driver...tap to choose

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by tgbunzini, Oct 9, 2015.

1. tgbunzini

tgbunzini Bit poster

Updated to 11.0.2 on Mac OS 10.11. Running Windows 10.

After update the mouse actions do not work. I can see and move cursor, but clicking on items in Windows does not work, Move outside VM, mouse work in Mac OS. Also, after update when Parallels tools tried to update, error received and install of tools stopped. Tried to reinstall tools, get message "DVD Drive (D:) Paralles tools tap to choose what happens with this disc".. Can't tap because mouse isn't working. Plus I've never seen this message before.

2. Hi, please upgrade the Parallels Desktop to the latest build and check the issue.

3. tgbunzini

tgbunzini Bit poster

I am using 11.0.2. Problem started when I upgraded to that version.

4. NeilB2

NeilB2 Bit poster

Hi,
    Im experiencing the same problem. I've updated to the latest and it still doesn't resolve the issue.

5. Guna@Parallels

Guna@Parallels Parallels Support

Did Parallels Tools was successfully installed after updating to the latest build? If not, please try the below steps and keep us posted
    1. In the Mac menu, click on Actions (Virtual Machine in older versions) > Install Parallels Tools (or Reinstall / Update Parallels Tools, if applicable.
    2. Click on click on continue(use Return key if the mouse doesn't work)
    3. If the installation does not start, open the Start menu (use Command key if the mouse doesn't work) > File Explorer > Locate Parallels Tools CD drive. Then double-click on it to launch Parallels Tools installation.
    For additional information, check this article
    You may also try the steps outlined in this article for mouse cursor related issue

6. NeilB2

NeilB2 Bit poster

Yes, the tools were not installed properly. It took two attempts with the first erroring saying I needed to reinstall them. I also had to install them using the keyboard shortcuts to get to windows explorer, etc, because the mouse was not working as a result of of the tools not being installed.

7. Dhana@Parallels

Dhana@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi NeilB2,
    Check this link to troubleshoot Parallels Tools installation issues.
    Note: Please back up your Windows before performing the steps suggested in the link.

If the issue still persist, kindly reply us with problem report ID reproducing the issue along with some screen shots of the error message if any, we will be happy to provide further assistance.
    Thanks.