Parallels 11.0.2 Full Screen Issue

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by JoeB4, Oct 8, 2015.

1. JoeB4

JoeB4 Bit poster

Has anyone seen an issue since upgrading to 11.0.2 (31348) with using guest Windows applications in full screen mode (via coherence)? I upgraded Parallels to 11.0.2 on my Mac (MacBook Pro Retina 13-inch Mid 2014 Yosemite 10.10.5). When I run a windows application in full screen mode and that application has to open another windows (i.e. a File --> Open dialog box), the new window/dialog box gets "full screened" and has its own dedicated space in OS X. Prior to the upgrade, it would just open in a normal size within the Windows guest application window.

Any idea how to fix this to the method it normally worked prior to the upgrade? It is quite annoying to get a new full screen OS X window everytime I click File...Open.

2. Yes i have the same issue.
    only works when not in coherence mode.

3. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi All, to resolve this issue, please do the following steps:
    1. Start your Windows virtual machine in Coherence mode and right click on it to open "View"
    2. Check "Use All Displays in Full Screen"
    3. Restart Windows virtual machine and then check how it works. Thanks!

4. VictorS1

VictorS1 Bit poster

I have the same issue after upgrading to Parallels Desktop 11 (Guest OS Windows 8.1. Pro), MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2013), OS X El Capitan 10.11.
    Option "Use All Displays in Full Screen" is checked, but after restarting Windows got a request to change password, which does not work.
    Unfortunatelly I can't even resolve this problem with standard commands in Terminal "prlctl list --all; prlctl set UUID --userpasswd name:password" - which worked well before, now the answer is : "The command is available only in Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro or Business Edition".
    Instead of correcting Windows Full Screen issue don't have Windows OS at all.
    Moreover, my question to Support (ticket # 2181649 from Last Friday) was not read by anybody from Support yet.
    My question via mail to support@support.parallels.com from 08.10.2015 (five days already) still without answer.
    I have code for phone support, by don't see any non-American phone number to call for support.
    I'm really very upset.

UPD. to reset password under PD11 (not PRO) - try http://kb.parallels.com/ru/117557

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  5. VictorS1

VictorS1 Bit poster

Option "Use All Displays in Full Screen" is checked.
    Coherence mode is on.
    Windows application is in Full scree mode.
    Problem is still existing - new windows/dialogue boxes are opened in Full Screen mode as well, hiding main window of the application - quite annoying. After closing dialogue box there is no revert to original application, but to some other (random) application.

6. StanislavZ

StanislavZ Hunter

Sorry for the trouble. We have been able to reproduce this issue and will make sure it's fixed in the future update.