Windows 10 Education installation issue with parallels

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by cris, Oct 9, 2015.

1. cris

cris Bit poster

Hello guys,
    I got my "windows 10 education 64bit" for free from my college, i cannot get it to work with parallels desktop 11.
    why is it not working? i tried the windows 10 regular version and it works, unfortunately i just have the key for the student version. please help! thanks

2. kat

kat Product Expert

Hi Cris,
    I believe that the education edition of windows 10 requires a base installation of Windows 10 Pro.

3. cris

cris Bit poster

hi kat,
    the windows 10 education ISO file contains a full image of the operating system. It is not an update. I tried to install Windows 10 Education on a Windows Laptop and I had no issues. Parallels Desktop 11 seems to have issues with this version. Some of my classmates have the same problem. Could you please check this please. thanks a lot.

4. Hey, please provide us with the screenshot of the issue and problem report? You can generate the report using this KB

5. kat

kat Product Expert

Hi Chris,
    Your are right that it appears to be a full version, as long as you download from the microsoft site . I was able to download the Educational edition of windows 10 from my institution today and set one up. I am using the Parallels 11 Pro edition on El Capitan. You may be missing drivers. Are all of the students with issues using the same iso? If they are you may have a corrupt iso, try and download a new one.

What Version of Parallels (Desktop, Pro or Business) are you using, also what os.

Please follow Maria's instructions about the problem report.
    Thanks

6. Thanks for your help and additional info about the issue.

7. ChristopherW4

ChristopherW4 Bit poster

Has anyone figured out a fix for this? I am currently talking with Microsoft to see if there is a work around or if they can transfer my education key to a regular key. Has Parallels come up with a fix? Thank you!

AlexC4 likes this.
  8. RandallB1

RandallB1 Bit poster

9. Dhana@Parallels

Dhana@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi ChristopherW4,
    Try to download .iso image file from this link & follow steps outlined at this article. If the issue persists, please provide us screenshot of the error & post the problem report ID number.
    Thanks,
    Dhana.

10. RandallB1

RandallB1 Bit poster

11. KerianneO

KerianneO Bit poster

Issue: "No Images Found" on windows installer window. When trying to download Windows 10, no images found appears on prompt window. Must "Stop Installer" on OS task bar. Problem was can be caused by corrupt iso file or incorrect file overall. If you have the education version, make sure to use the ACADEMIC ISO.
    Solution: Make sure that you are downloading the correct iso file for windows to install into parallels. For example, I downloaded the 64 bit standard Windows 10 (I even tried the Creative and Multilanguage with no avail). IT WORKED when I downloaded a specific academic 64 bit iso for Windows 10 education. The link that worked for me is: https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/vlacademicISO. I got that link from another forum thread. Hope it helps!

12. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Thank you for sharing these steps and links. We are glad to see your participation.