Non-developer friendly license

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by HenrikS1, Oct 5, 2015.

1. HenrikS1

HenrikS1 Bit poster

Hi,

I decided to buy Parallels in order to get better performance for shared folders within Vagrant. I've been working on my Vagrantfiles over the weekend to add Parallels support, but to my surprise I was asked to activate Parallels on my home machine after installing it. I had already installed it on my work laptop.

After a few chats with support it seems that your software licensing model is non-developer friendly, in that you are tied to a single machine and not allowed to use the license like you would with say with AppCode or IntelliJ, or any other subscription service such as Spotify/Netflix etc.
    I may have misunderstood how the term subscription was used (it's 2015 afterall), as I thought it meant that I would be limited in CONCURRENT use of the software, and not in where I use the software.

Are there any plans for making the Parallels license developer friendly?

2. CatalinT

CatalinT Member

I totally agree w/ you! I raised the same issue some time ago and the only answer I got was to stop complaining and pay up for my second computer license. Fusion has much better licensing terms and understands that developers have more than one computer they use. PD10 is my last investment in this software and will switch to Fusion when PD10 stops working on the current OS X version.