Parallels 10 and El Capitan

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by homelyn, Oct 13, 2015.

1. homelyn

homelyn Bit poster

Hi

just a quick question.

Will Parallels 10 run on El Capitan, I feel its a bit of a rip off having to pay out again for Parallels 11 just to run it on El Capitan.

Cheers

Eric

2. SMXSteve

SMXSteve Bit poster

I upgraded to Parallels 10.3 (maintenance upgrade no cost). It works but apparently there are problems in coherence mode which I don't use anyway. I am running it on a MacBook Pro with Retina. I upgraded to El Capitan last Thursday.

One problem I am having that is not mentioned are the corner activation settings. I'm now getting a two line menu when the mouse is at the top like when you want to close a window. Previously you could select a corner to do that but it's not working.

In the beginning it would freeze on me. I would have to swipe back to the Mac desktop then back to Parallels/Window to close each window. Then it would work. Seemed to happen when certain message dialogs would popup but I haven't seen it come up this week.

I also had network problems after upgrading Parallels but reset the settings in Configure and it seems to be working.

Other than that seems work fine so far.

One other thing, I skipped Yosemite completely.