Parallels 10.2.1 + El Capitan 10.11 beta + Bootcamp Windows 8.1 not being detected

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by JerryChan, Jul 10, 2015.

1. JerryChan

JerryChan Bit poster

I cannot create a virtual machine based on my Windows 8.1 bootcamp. My bootcamp works well. I can see my bootcamp partition in Finder on OSX but Parallels cannot see the partition. The bootcamp partition does not show up in the Parallels Wizard. My device is MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013)

2. JerryChan

JerryChan Bit poster

3. Manoj@Parallels

Manoj@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hi Jerry,
    Glad that your issue is resolved! Feel free to reach out anytime, we're here to help you.

4. PeterC3

PeterC3 Bit poster

Glad to have found this post and the link above - parallels finally recognizes boot camp partition! Thank you for solving this!!

5. TabSel

TabSel Junior Member

So when will parallels 10 work on El Capitan without disabling rootless system integrity? The kb article mentions the team is working on it. Any estimated time frame? Also when will there be a fix for the inability to activate the VM Windows 10, with the bootcamp Windows 10 activated already?

6. RonnyB1

RonnyB1 Bit poster

Thats the right question. Hopefully somebody of the Support-Team will answer this question...