Coherence - drag and drop not working

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by RichD, Aug 26, 2015.

1. RichD

RichD Bit poster

I am running parallels 11 with Windows 7 on an iMac. When I am in Coherence mode I can't drag and drop files between my desktop or finder into an Outlook E-mail on my VM. If I exit Coherence Mode and use my windows desktop, it works perfectly. I have tried reinstalling Parallels Tools.

My sharing configuration is:
    Share Mac: All Disks, Checked share Mac user folders with Windows
    Share Windows: All three boxes checked

What am I doing wrong? It used to work perfectly with Parallels 10.

2. @RichD do you have any error message?

3. RichD

RichD Bit poster

No error message. The attachment has the little plus sign when I drag it to the e-mail. But when I release the attachment it just doesn't attach.

4. Ok, thanks for your reply. In this case please generate the problem report using this KB and reply us back with the report 8-digit ID number.

5. RichD

RichD Bit poster

Sent it. ID is 73221983.

Thanks.

6. vangrafhorst

vangrafhorst Bit poster

I'm using Yosemite , Parallels 11 and Windows 7. Drag & drop doesn't work anymore since upgrading from Parallels 10 to 11. No mather what mode I'm in.
    Sharing folders is enable.
    Anybody any suggestions?

Thanks

Joris

7. RichD

RichD Bit poster

I am running the exact same configuration. I know it sounds odd, but when I upgraded from Office 2011 to Office 2016 it fixed all my drag and drop problems. No idea why.

8. Guys, the new update of Parallels Desktop 11 has been released, please update the application to the latest build and check the issue.
    Let us know the results please.

9. Grandpa Jim

Grandpa Jim Junior Member

I'm using El Capitan , Parallels 11 and Windows XP. Drag & drop doesn't work anymore since upgrading from Parallels 10 to 11. No matter what mode I'm in.
    Anybody any suggestions?

10. Grandpa Jim

Grandpa Jim Junior Member

I reinstalled Parallels Tools, then shut down Windows XP and then Parallels, then restarted Mac Powerbook that they are all on, and then when I restarted Parallels and the Windows XP, Drag and drop is now working. Don't know what that was all about.

11. JamesL6

JamesL6 Bit poster

I tried Grandpa Jim's suggestion and it worked as well. Though I did restore from Time Machine to Yosemite from El Capitan first. Is it still working with El Capitan?

12. Dominic_Richardson

Dominic_Richardson Bit poster

Same issue, any news on this, ended up killing the entire VM and creating a brand new one with freshly installed office and still have the same issue...... using Yosemite with windows 10 VM and Parallels 11 fully up to date.

13. RichD

RichD Bit poster

My problem was fixed by updating to latest version of Office. Sometimes the file takes a few seconds to attach when you drag it, but it seems to be working now.

14. Thanks a lot for your reply and sorry for the delay.
    Please let us know if the issue reoccurs.

15. Conrad1

Conrad1 Bit poster

Hi i have my outlook 2013 updated and parallels 11 and still have the same problem of not being able to attach attachments from parallels to windows outlook by drag and drop and it's more difficult to attach anything when in coherence mode.

On the windows desktop side it works but from parallels it doesn't. I didn't have this problem in Parallels 10.

Can you please get back to me with a solution or i will have to downgrade to a parallels 10 again. Thanks

16. Conrad1

Conrad1 Bit poster

Hi Maria
    In case you didn't see my above query the problem still exists, even when parallels and windows are updated. Thanks