Windows Would not start

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Fortune500, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Fortune500

Fortune500 Member

OK folks here's the deal. "Parallels does not work" I got this error a few minutes ago.

"Windows could not start because the following file is missing or currupt. <windows root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe.

Please re-install a copy of the above file.

What can i do???

Edit: 4:27 PM I did find this http://kb.parallels.com/entry/30/516/ answer in the knowledge base. However with the default CD chosen, pressing any key to boot from the CD does not work.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2007
  2. Fortune500

Fortune500 Member

OK it's done the link worked except as i noted in my other thread:

To answere my own question: Remember to click the parallels desktop CD/DVD-ROM 1 option when the windows XP Application has stopped. Once you see the configuration window then choose the option that says "default CD/DVD-ROM in the CD/DVD-ROM options. There are other options that can be used that will render it impossible to boot from the windows CD later on if you need to rescue windows XP from a problem.

The windows CD repaired the problem but not without reading between the windows lines. ( I hate windows)