Wrong Icon For Acrobat DC

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by MarcoG1, Nov 10, 2015.

1. MarcoG1

MarcoG1 Bit poster

I'm running Windows 10 on El Capitan and installed Acrobat Reader DC on Windows. The icon on the bar is a Safari icon but when I click on it it's Acrobat Reader DC on Windows. Why is that Safari icon there?

[​IMG]

2. sgniwder

sgniwder Member

I have had this exact thing happen (Adobe reported as Safari). I have had to change this to an Acrobat icon by going to the actual program and creating a new shortcut for the start menu. I thought that this was just my system.

MarcoG1 likes this.
  3. MarcoG1

MarcoG1 Bit poster

It seems like a bug in Parallels...

4. KenN1

KenN1 Bit poster

Any update on this issue?

I've had the same issue as above but, am also now seeing the problem with a newly installed application (Evernote)

5. StanislavZ

StanislavZ Hunter

This is a Windows 10 bug. As a workaround, disable 'Share Mac applications with Windows'.

6. KenN1

KenN1 Bit poster

Thanks StanislavZ, this helped somewhat. Fixed for Evernote but, the Acrobat Icon is still wrong, it's no longer the Safari icon but, at least it's different than the other icons so, easier to distinguish

7. CraigR2

CraigR2 Junior Member

can you explain how to do this in Windows 10?

8. CraigR2

CraigR2 Junior Member

Me too!!

9. CraigR2

CraigR2 Junior Member

How is it a Windows 10 bug when it only seems to affect Evernote and Acrobat DC? This is similar to the "Windows Bug" that seems to happen trying to "open with" on the Mac side with MS Excel & Powerpoint, that Parallels has finally admitted to being their problem NOT MS!

10. CraigR2

CraigR2 Junior Member

Here is the fix - for Evernote replace the Acrobat DC references.

1. Remove, unpin or delete Adobe Acrobat icon from the Start Menu, the desktop and (if you have it there) from the taskbar.
    2. Go to C: > ProgramData > Microsoft > Windows > Start Menu > Programs and you'll find the "sinner" "Adobe Acrobat XI Pro" with the wrong icon. The that looks like a shortcut. Delete it!.. Close the window.
    3. Go to C: > Program Files (x86) > Adobe > Acrobat 11.0 > Acrobat... and find Acrobat.exe
    4. Right click on Acrobat.exe > Send to > Desktop
    5. Right click again on Acrobat.exe > Pin to Start Menu... and close the window
    6. Right click on Acrobat.exe - shortcut (that you just created on your desktop) > Copy
    7. Go back to: C: > ProgramData > Microsoft > Windows > Start Menu > Programs... and Paste the shortcut here (you need administrator privileges for that)
    8. Rename this shortcut from "Acrobat.exe - shortcut" to "Adobe Acrobat XI Pro"
    9. Close the window
    10. Now if you open any PDF document, the right icon will appear on the taskbar.