Parallels desktop 11 and Directx 11

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by DominusNox, Aug 19, 2015.

1. DominusNox

DominusNox Bit poster

Is it implemented?

Samuel1 likes this.
  2. Samuel1

Samuel1 Bit poster

I would also like to know this. I have yet to upgrade past Parallels 8 because there hasn't been any progress on the DirectX front. If Parallels Desktop 11 has support for DirectX 11, i'm there.

3. Dishant@Parallels

Dishant@Parallels Parallels Support

Hellon Samuel1,
    Parallels Desktop 11 does not support Direct X11 yet. But we would suggest you to stay tuned and subscribe to our news letter for all the updates on the upcoming new features. Please follow this KB http://kb.parallels.com/117011 to subscribe to our newsletters and you will be notified via Email about all the discounted offers, product updates, new version releases and promotions.

4. DominusNox

DominusNox Bit poster

Had same answer last year after i bought v10. Still no DX11 support.

5. Chris_H

Chris_H Bit poster

I was wondering about this too! I think once Mac releases El Capitan, it will include the new 'Metal' technology which would allow applications to direct API into the GPU. Which would remove the Mac OpenGL layer, thus allowing the capability for Parallels Desktop to support DirectX 11. We'll have to see if Parallels is planning to support 'Metal' and DirectX11 ;-)

6. PhilippeCote

PhilippeCote Bit poster

Actually, they have been saying this since Parallels Desktop 8, back in 2013. Don't hold your breath... and don't bother upgrading either until they support it.

7. DerekCurrie

DerekCurrie Bit poster

I am specifically holding back updating to Parallels Desktop 11 until there is DirectX 11 support. Please get a move on!

8. AlonA

AlonA Bit poster

Agreed, please add support for DirectX 11, gaming is becoming dependant on it, Fallout 4 can't run without it.

9. DavidG6

DavidG6 Bit poster

Does anyone know if the competitor VMWare already does? If they do we could just stop using Parallels and move to the competitor... It's kind of unacceptable that the Parallels team has been promising DirectX11 for a few versions already and not done it yet...

10. DerekCurrie

DerekCurrie Bit poster

No, VMWare does not support DirectX11 or 12 either. :-(
    I've kept an eye on them as well. I've read here and there that the big issue is GPU support. Except that Apple's Boot Camp manages to support DirectX 11 & 12. So what's the BFD with Parallels? It's an endless loop of 'We keep creating new features! Keep an eye on the mailing list!' blahblah. I'm getting the idea the steal-toed boots applied to backsides is required to get this done, sad to say.

11. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi, Parallels virtual machine (Windows, Linux and OS X) uses OpenGL version that Host OS have on board, but not higher than 2.1 Our development team is working on supporting OpenGL 3.0 on Parallels Desktop versions.
    The DirectX10.1 and OpenGL2.1 support can be enabled for Windows-based virtual machines with Parallels Tools installed. Please refer to this articlehttp://kb.parallels.com/en/122485 to know the updates of OpenGL
    We suggest that you subscribe to this KB http://kb.parallels.com/en/115487 so that you will be notified of any updates we have regarding OpenGL support in Parallels Desktop. Thanks!

12. RobertN4

RobertN4 Bit poster

Same question yet another user! When will Parallels Support Direct X 11?

13. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hey Robert, I would like to let you know that we have already involved our Development in this case and they are currently working on the resolution. Please subscribe our newsletter to receive email notifications on discounted offers, product updates, new version releases and promotions.

14. Keith1

Keith1 Bit poster

I am also very disappointed, this is a big let down. I am so dissatisfied with this end of the product, I see in all of the forums that the same answers are give and what a cop out response to subscribe to our newsletter, really come up with some thing different. I have not and will not recommend this product. I find it hard to believe a company such as this would come out with a blanket response. Nice support staff. When I called prior to purchasing about the product and afterwards, half of their staff actually believes it does support this!!!!!

15. Adonsa

Adonsa Junior Member

Bump, bump for 2016.

According to Digital Times, THE number one rated video game requires Directx 11 in order to run.
    It's likely that other game and simulation developers will follow and migrate to a Directx 11 minimum requirement.

Okay, i get it. Video games are probably the lowest priority in computer usage.

When (not "what if", but "when") medical imaging applications require a minimum of Directx 11,
    then the medical community will either avoid the Macintosh or standardize on the Pee Cee.
    Using Apple Boot Camp is klunky, and the medical and technical communities have no time for rebooting back and forth
    to boot camp. Given the conspicuous absence of Directx 11 compatibility,
    the strong argument for using parallels will become a "ohhhh nooooo, we can't do that!"

May I suggest that Directx 11 support become a top priority?

Keith1 likes this.
  16. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Sure Adonsa, we will make it as a top priority. We would like to let you know that we have already involved our Development in this case and they are currently working on the resolution.

17. Docent

Docent Bit poster

When will be some BETA. This is disaster I wait for OPENGL from version 5. And still nothing. Today I install VMvare Fusion 8 and they have OpenGL 3.3. And what the best it works. But I don't want to change Parallels I like it. But please speed up your work and stop doing stupid thinks like new windows, little faster , more connected to mac. THIS is cosmetic. User with CAD software want to use Parallels and they can not.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  18. Daniel11

Daniel11 Bit poster

i installed fifa 16 via parallels 11, but doesn't works...:-( i ask for directx 11 support, please in next time..! it's the only reason for me to use parallels... (sorry for my english..)

19. Manu@Parallels

Manu@Parallels Guest

Hi Daniel11,
    Parallels Desktop 11 supports up to Direct X 10, our developement team is working on it and it has been prioritized appropriately,you can track the changes in the product at http://kb.parallels.com/122720

20. HyacHarbor

HyacHarbor Bit poster

I think Manu meant to post the KB Parallels Desktop 11: http://kb.parallels.com/en/123410 instead.