Stingy License Policy for Parallels Desktop Pro Mac

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by dwmreg, Oct 7, 2015.

1. dwmreg

dwmreg Bit poster

All:
    Since when did Parallels start their stingy license policy where in you can only install Parallels Desktop onto one and only one machine? In the past I was able to install it on a desktop and a laptop. Now there are restrictions that won't allow this. The desktop I have is not used very much and usually only in emergencies or if I need to use the larger screen attached to it (yes I could attach it to the laptop, but that is a pain in the #@$#$#@). The laptop is used frequently and 99.9% of the time.
    Most vendors allow at least two installs. Parallels suddenly isn't allowing this and they have in the past.
    I have a copy of Parallels and VMWare Fusion. Both are up-to-date, etc. I'm going to have to make a decision of one over the other since the convenience of using Parallels on either machine is now gone for me. I'll be comparing the licenses from both companies this week. I could use one on one machine and one on another. Decisions decisions. Hey Parallels people - We have choices when you limit or restrict your customers you lose them!!!

2. dwmreg

dwmreg Bit poster

Tossing Parallels to the curb. Moving to VMWare Fusion 8 Pro. Ta ta...

3. sportsnapper

sportsnapper Bit poster

Must admit I was surprised about this. Got a new iMac and planing a migration from a macbook pro - though I'm still going to be using that for somethings, and will need parallels on both. But I may need re-assess that and just keep it on the MacBook.

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi, if you would like to use your Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac license on a new Mac, you should sign out of the account the license is registered under on the Mac you don't need anymore. Click on the Parallels Desktop menu, and select Account & License. In the activation window, click on your account email address and select Sign Out. Please check out this article to know more about it.