Upgrade to Parallels 11 Key Issue - Parallels 8 Key Not Accepted

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JasonL1, Nov 26, 2015.

1. JasonL1

JasonL1 Bit poster

Hi there,

I have gone through and purchased an upgrade key and downloaded Parallels 11. When prompted for the Parallels 11 upgrade key, the key is entered and accepted just fine. However, when I enter my old Parallels 8 key, there is no response as if the key is invalid. I have validated that this is in fact the proper Parallels 8 key and have even registered the key with my account online.

Is there something I am missing? Your help is appreciated.

2. JasonL1

JasonL1 Bit poster

Update: after doing some research, It has become apparent that I cannot upgrade from Parallels 8. Is it possible for me to get a refund on my upgrade purchase and/or exchange this for the full license?

3. ManojK@Parallels

ManojK@Parallels Parallels Support

Please reply us your Cleverbridge reference number for the purchase along with your email address so that we can assist you further.

4. JasonL1

JasonL1 Bit poster

Is there a way to private message you my email address? My Cleverbridge reference number is 83390423

5. ManojK@Parallels

Please check your private messages.

6. MadhureeK

MadhureeK Bit poster

I have the same problem also
    Please help

7. MadhureeK

MadhureeK Bit poster

I have the same problem, I purchased an upgrade key and downloaded Parallels 11. When prompted for the Parallels 11 upgrade key, the key is entered and accepted just fine. However, when I enter my old Parallels 8 key, there is no response as if the key is invalid. I have validated that this is in fact the proper Parallels 8 key

8. MadhureeK

MadhureeK Bit poster

Sorry my old one is Parallels 7

9. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi Madhuree, Customers who are using Parallels Desktop 8 or the earlier versions are not eligible for upgrade pricing for Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac. If you would like to take advantage of all Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac features, you will need to purchase a full copy of Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac. If you have already purchased an upgrade copy of Parallels Desktop, we can offer a link which will let you buy the full version of Parallels Desktop 11 for $30.00 only.

10. JenniferM1

JenniferM1 Bit poster

Hi, I posted a similar problem and have yet to get a response. May I please have the link to purchase the full version of 11 for only $30 since I mistakenly bought it at $49.99 upgrade price, not realizing I couldn't upgrade from 8?? Asap?! Thanks!!!

11. JenniferM1

JenniferM1 Bit poster

For anyone who has the same problem, trying to upgrade to Parallels 11 from 8 or below and mistakenly purchased the $49 upgrade available for only 9 or later, you can get a much timelier response by simply calling 888-811-2489. They will send you an email with a link to purchase the full edition for an additional $30. Problem solved.

12. MadhureeK

MadhureeK Bit poster

Thanks for the information.
    I have already purchased an upgrade. Can you please offer me the link so I can buy the full version

13. DeniseR

DeniseR Bit poster

I am in exactly the same situation--only am trying to upgrade from Parallels 7. I've purchased the upgrade and now find I need the full version. Can you offer me the link to discounted full version so i get credit for the purchase of the upgrade I just made? thanks

14. ManojK@Parallels

@MadhureeK and @DeniseR Please check our message in private conversations so that we can address you further.

15. DustinS1

DustinS1 Bit poster

I'm having the same issue. I just purchased an upgrade and my current license is for 8. Please help.

16. DustinS1

DustinS1 Bit poster

I've still gotten no response from anyone on this issue. Can someone assist me or give me a refund?

17. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi, please mail us at cs(at)parallels(.)com with the purchase reference of Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac upgrade, so that we'll check it for you. Thanks!

18. Ryanl2

Ryanl2 Bit poster

Hi, I have the same issue, could I get the link too?

19. Ryanl2

Ryanl2 Bit poster

Sorry, wrong quoting at last post. I have the same issue, could I get the link too? Thanks

20. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hello Ryan, please provide us with your license keys in private messages.