Optimized for gaming?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MaheerA, Nov 28, 2015.

1. MaheerA

MaheerA Bit poster

i'm running Windows 10 with parallel desktop 10 and I'm quite disappointed performance wise.

I have a late 2013 IMac, fully maxed out:
    Intel i7 quad core @ 3.5ghz
    Nvidia Gtx 780m with 4gb of vram
    32 gb of ram

And with those specs, that is much more than enough. I am expecting parallels to do decently well when I run games but I'm very disappointed, my games lag so much. Does anyone have a recommended setup for the Virtual Machine settings for Windows 10?

If you need a reference to the games I play (and honestly if I can run the game in lowest settings with 40 fps I'm perfectly fine)

GTA V
    Saints row 4
    Dead island (+riptide)
    Skyrim

I honestly thought saints row would work but no, it is extremely laggy. Again I believe this is my current set up but all I am asking is for recommendations on how you guys make your games run smoothly?

2. ManojK@Parallels

ManojK@Parallels Parallels Support

Please check with the Game's system requirements as Parallels Desktop does support only upto DirectX10 and OpenGL 2.1. Please let us know if these games does fall within this limitation and we will assist you accordingly.

3. MaheerA

MaheerA Bit poster

You can check for the game's recommended specs in steam and compare it with mine. I included some screen shots of GTA V's recommended specs: (as you can see, my Mac should be more than enough to run this)

Attached Files:

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hello, It seems that you're on outdated build of Parallels Desktop 11, please update Parallels Desktop to the latest build 11.1.1 (32312). You can update to the latest build as suggested in this article. Latest version always available here: http://www.parallels.com/directdownload/pd11/ Please note that Parallels Tools also needs to be updated (Actions > Update Parallels Tools). Please see this article to know more about Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac updates summary.