You can't install Windows 10 because your processor doesn't support NX

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Frank Madison, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Frank Madison

Frank Madison Junior Member

Hi,
    I'm getting the above error message when I try to install Windows 10. I have the latest version of Parallels (11.1.0) and I used the "Upgrade to Windows 10" function from the Actions menu. My current OS is Windows 7. My computer is a 2013 MacBook Pro with 8GB of RAM.

I'm able to download the entire Windows 10 update and get part of the way through the installation before this message appears.

What causes this, and how can I fix it?

2. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

3. Frank Madison

Thanks. I got past this error and most of the way through the Windows 10 installer. However, when it rebooted, I got an error "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" almost immediately. I don't know what to do next.

4. Frank Madison

I was able to get back to Windows 7 and saw this report:
    screen-capture.png

5. AnthonyP7

AnthonyP7 Bit poster

I have a 2015 15" Macbook Pro with 16 GB and AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2 GB graphics card. I am running Mac OS 10.14.6, with Parallels 15 and Windows 7 Ultimate. I have tried to upgrade to Windows 10 using the Actions menu. Everything loads fine, but when Windows 10 is about to upgrade, I get the following message.
    upload_2019-8-14_8-5-8.png

On Parallels 15, I have set the video memory to 2GB, and the memory to 12228 MB. The virtual hard drive has a capacity of 298 GB. What am I doing wrong?

6. AnthonyP7

AnthonyP7 Bit poster

Tech report number: 319901371