Quickbooks no longer working on v 11.1, How can I go back to 11.0.2

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JoeG1, Nov 28, 2015.

1. JoeG1

JoeG1 Product Expert

The update to 11.1 killed my Quickbooks - I can no longer access "shared" files, which are on my mac's hard drive. I did a workaround to move the QBW files to my C:\ drive and I can work with Quickbooks again.

However, I have two programs to tune my car, HP Tuners, specifically VCM Editor.exe and VCM Scanner.exe that will NOT open at all with 11.1. They worked flawlessly with 11.0 and every version of Parallels for the last 5 years. They are already on the C:\ drive so the sharing fix will not work. They use the Microsoft.net framework so perhaps that's the problem.

I did a support request with Parallels but it seems this is a known problem for at least 10 days with no solution, as per the Outlook threads.

I still have the .dmg file for 11.0.1 which worked fine. Can I go back to this? I searched but didn't see how to do that. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

2. Sylvester@Parallels

Sylvester@Parallels Parallels Support

3. JoeG1

JoeG1 Product Expert

Hi Sylvester, well thank you for that speedy reply. Yes, that fixed Quickbooks! I'll share that answer with the other folks in the Quickbooks help forum who have this same problem.

However, VCM Editor.exe nor VCM Scanner.exe will open. The processes open, but they stall and will never proceed. See the attached screen shot. I left them overnight like this last night. There was never a problem with either program with 11.0.2. I hope you can provide such a speedy fix for this!

Attached Files:

4. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi, please try to isolate the Windows virtual machine from the Mac, check if you have to execute the process. Refer to this article.

5. KantN

KantN Bit poster

I'm also having the same problem as @JoeG1 . I recently updated from Parallels 9 to Parallels 11.1 with an upgrade to Mac OS El Capitan (10.11.1). I initially thought I might have moved my file or folders incorrectly or somehow messed up my Parallels or OS upgrade. I am running Quickbooks 2013 in a Windows 7 virtual machine on Parallels 11.1. My Quickbooks company file is however stored in my documents folder on the Mac side; makes Time Machine back ups of my documents much easier/faster. This set up has always worked before my recent upgrades. As suggested by @JoeG1 , when I place and open the actual Quickbooks file in the PUBLIC folder in c:\ drive of the virtual Win7 machine, it opens up just fine! I have even tried fresh installs of both my Windows 7 virtual machine and Quickbooks 2013 into Parallels 11.1.

The fix presented here http://kb.parallels.com/123546 did not work for me though for some reason.

Please help.

6. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Please submit a Problem Report ID http://kb.parallels.com/9058 and provide us the ID number here, to investigate further on this issue.

7. KantN

KantN Bit poster

Thanks for your help: My Problem Report ID is 82058049

8. JoeG1

JoeG1 Product Expert

My Ticket ID is 2205953.

9. JoeG1

JoeG1 Product Expert

Solution below thanks to Arun from Parallels support who did a logmein session with me. Parallels support setup where I got to pick a time for the call is an excellent system.

He checked a few things, but the solution was, he had me download the HP Tuners software from their website, using Windows Explorer, and reinstall from Windows. That worked and the programs are now working perfectly.

Seems my original version which had been installed from the downloads folder on my mac was looking for some software on the mac and the sharing bug wasn't allowing it to get back over there and get whatever it was looking for. After installing the software completely from Windows temp folder, it works great.

Thanks Arun from Parallels support!

10. KantN

KantN Bit poster

That's great news! I ended up installing my Ecutek from the Windows side and it works as well. I take the file sharing bug is not fixed for Quickbooks yet?

11. JoeG1

JoeG1 Product Expert

I suppose for me it is now since I have both of my problems fixed. I can share files between the mac and windows now like normal.
    Did you get your Quickbooks working with the data files on the mac side?

12. KantN

KantN Bit poster

The boot flag fix presented here http://kb.parallels.com/123546 still does not work for me. Instead of getting the -6000 -106 error in Quickbooks, I get -6176, 0 error now with the addition of "tools.prl_fs.fileids.enable=1" into the boot flag box. This is with me trying to open my QB data file, located in the shared Mac Documents folder.

I'll do a little more research on the -6176, 0 Quickbooks error code but if anyone of you have another fix, please let me know. Thanks!

13. JoeG1

JoeG1 Product Expert

KantN, do a Parallels Trouble Ticket, their Logmein help was outstanding and got me going right away. They have a good system whereby you can set up the time you want them to call you and log into your computer. It works like a charm.

14. KantN

KantN Bit poster

Thanks JoeG1. That's probably the best way to do it.

15. VipulS1

VipulS1 Bit poster

Hope this might be of any help.
    Remove From Startup Folder

Step 1
    Open the "Startup" folder. Press "Windows-R," type "shell:startup" and click "OK."

Step 2
    Right-click the "Quickbooks Update Agent" entry.

Step 3
    Select "Delete."

Step 4
    Click "Delete Shortcut."

Step 5
    Restart your computer to stop the Quickbooks Update Agent from running.

Uninstall QuickBooks
    Step 1
    Press "Windows-E" on your keyboard.

Step 2
    Click "Uninstall or change a program."

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/remove-quickbooks-update-agent-64096.html
    To know more about QuickBooks solutions refer : Myrealdata