Parallels 10 on El Capitain

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by HariB, Nov 15, 2015.

1. HariB

HariB Bit poster

I activated my Parallels 10 license (company purchased it an year ago) last week and then my Mac decided to upgrade the OS, so i let it...
    Now i am can't get parallels 10 to work on El Capitain... and have to buy another upgrade, which i think is ridiculous.

2. Maheesh

Maheesh Junior Member

Hi HariB,
    Parallels Desktop 10 does work in El Capitan. What is the issue that you are facing with your Parallels Desktop 10 ?

3. HariB

HariB Bit poster

I had windows running in bootcamp that worked well with Yosemite and Parallels 10 (when upgraded from 9 early Nov), when things were all working as usual, i upgraded to El and parallels complained about not able to find some drive /users... when i googled about that problem, the solution was to upgrade to Parallels 11.

I have now downgraded to Yosemite and installed Parallels with a Window 7 enterprise image (not bootcamp this time). I am now scared of upgrading to El Cap.

4. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi HariB,
    To downgrade the Mac OS X to Yosemite, we suggest you to contact Apple support. To install Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac, please click here. And then to install Windows, follow the steps suggested here.

5. HariB

HariB Bit poster

Thanks, have already down graded and installed Parallels 10, everything is working fine.

6. ManojK@Parallels

ManojK@Parallels Parallels Support

Glad to hear that! Please let us know if you need any further assistance.